Oasis Beach (formerly Calinda Beach) **** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Oasis Beach

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Oasis Beach here.

Located at Km4 it is close to downtown Cancun but still only a short bus ride away to the main party centre. This hotel is bay side.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Cancuntravel

Travel Center (All Inclusive)

Travel Center (European Plan)

2. bette

bette Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great Hotel for the money

just returned we arrived june 30 till july 3, 2005. After reading the bad and good reviews here i thought i might have made the wrong choice for my dollars. I was totally wrong. Not sure what hotel those bad reports were from but i did not find one thing wrong. Only thing is the front desk person gave me room 117 and pointed me and my 14 yr daughter this way after 15 mintues of walking and look we came back and i talked with a different man. I was then given room 677 in the tower to the left and also had help from the bell person in taking the bags up. The safe did not work but that was okay i carried our documents. The room was very clean smelled good and no mold anywhere. The food in buffet was good and to me very Mexican at times. The service was very good and very friendly. The pool was very clean and very nice to swim in . The beach area was free of sea weed. Bus to the tourist part of town ( hard rock ) was a short walk across the street . Took a bus to Market 28 better to get your hair braided there for $20.00. We took the Captin Hook boat . NOw that was a bit pricey. Overall the hotel was a very good buy. The only thing i did not like was there were alot of 18-25 yr in the pool area talking and every other word was F this and F that and i found that to be offensive as there a number of smallish children and offensive to myself... i would go back in a heartbeat...

3. mexicanwave

mexicanwave Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This hotel re-opened on March 8th. What's the state of the beach? I know that the Bahia de Mujeres section was less affected by Wilma. Did it actually gain sand?

Anyone?

Steve

4. Tommyhardhouse

Tommyhardhouse Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this hotel the oasis palm beach hotel ? My friend and myself have booked the weekend starting the 9th for an AI good time . We were going to stay at BBG but this gal we know talked us out of staying at a 21 and over place . she seemed to think it would be a bunch of creeps hanging out , i'm kinda wishing we wouldnt have listened to her now as it sounds like the place to party , and that is the whole purpose of our trip . to celebrate being alive CHEERS! So anyway is this oasis hotel the same i am thinking about ? it looked nice over the internet but then i thought BBG looked nice as well . i dont know why i took the advice of a snooty blonde girl who has never even been to cancun . well someone back me up and confirm the oasis palm beach hotel is a nice place to stay . anything special going on this weekend ? any pointers , advice etc would be appreciated very much !! thanks in advance

Thomas

5. xximpreza02xx

xximpreza02xx Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis Palm Beach

Tommy,

I am staying at the Oasis a week in August.....I was just wondering, how was the trip? Party resort?

6. margaritamom

margaritamom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mercedes

Does anyone know if Mercedes still paints the pottery on the beach? This has been an annual event for us while in Cancun for several years!

7. heatme06

heatme06 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any new Info on this resort. I will be staying there April 8-15 and hope we are not dissappointed. No matter We are from wisconsin and would have fun if we stayed in a cardboard box :shock: Hope its not. All we need is sun and plenty of booze and its party time :D

8. heatme06

heatme06 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BUMP 3 more days to go hoping for some info anyone?

9. londons_finest

londons_finest Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    has any1 got any info on oasis palm beach for me cheers....if so wots it like in spring break????

10. acreed

acreed Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis Palm

I am taking a group of 18 years old here for senior trip. I need pointers on how to make sure they get to visit all resturants and bars. I have read in other replys about the Phase 1 and 2. What is this and how do I make sure that the kids get to all the bars.
    I would appreciate any response.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice