Oakleys Shop

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by pmramsay, Aug 12, 2007.

1. pmramsay

pmramsay Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if there are any Oakley's shops in any of the malls or any places with good deals. Also are Oakley's cheaper in Mexico than the uk, I know they are usually cheaper in USA but not sure about Cancun.

Cheers

2. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is an Oakley store in Kukulkan Mall. Prices there are more expensive than in the US but I am not sure how they compare to the UK. We own a sunglass store in the US and we get quite a bit of visitors from the UK who love to stock up on Oakleys!

3. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My main worry is whether you're actually getting what you pay for here.

If you wear glasses that are said to be UV blockers and it turns out they aren't, you can really damage your eyes. I'm going without sunglasses right now because I don't know if anything I buy here is actually good enough.

There's a bunch of sunglasses in Walmart that are labeled "polarising", but when you put two of them together and rotate the lens of one 90 degrees, there is no change, so they definitely AREN'T polarised.

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you have a web site? Sell Vaurnet's??
    Thanks
    Gonzo

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a pair of polarizing sunglasses at Costco, and they definitely polarize the light...they are not Oakley's though...I already have a pair of those...bought them in Colorado...

7. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GONZO-

Don't have a website - sorry. We do not sell Vaurnets. Even tho we are in a ski area (remember the 80's!) Vaurnet just does not have the demand it once did.

DREWBERT -

That is right about the UV protection. IF the cheaps ones do not have it (though most do) it is worse for your eye because behind your cheap shades you are wearing are causing your pupil to enlarge letting in even MORE of the UV!

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I lived in Big Sky, Mt in the mid 80's and you had to have them, or hide your face in shame. Vaurnets US headqurters are near me. I still have a pair, and still love them. Thanks for the reply.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice