Nursing Home or private nurse in Cancun???

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by JenMan, Jan 9, 2008.

1. JenMan

JenMan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a nursing/retirement home in the Cancun area (other than Ciudad de la Alegria) or a private nurse?

A year and a half ago my suegro had a stroke. My husband and I rushed down there as soon as it happened to be with him but could unfortunately not be away from home or work in Toronto longer than 5 weeks. We practically spent the entire 5 weeks running around Cancun looking for someone who could care for my father-in-law without any luck. We still couldn't find anything when were down there last spring for a month as well. Ciudad de la Alegria has a waiting list a mile long. We ended up finding a place in Merida (which is where he is right now) but my suegro misses Cancun so much. He has made a lot of progress fortunately with the therapy he's received in Merida (also something lacking in Cancun to my understanding).

My hubby and I will be coming back soon and we'd love to be able to either get my father-in-law back into his own home with a nurse who can come by once or twice a day to assist/care for him or even get him into some kind of nursing home actually in Cancun. Anyone know of anyone or anything?

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check your PM's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice