Now I am furious

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by P H I L A D E L P H, Jan 16, 2007.

1. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I booked my trip on Saturday through applevacations.com. They told me that I was booking late and thats why the price was so high. We paid $1700 per person, with straight flights on USA3000 from philly.

I checked the same trip today, on the same flights for the same dates and the price has dropped to less than $1400 per person!

I'm calling my travel agent tomorrow. If I don't get the discount then I am going to cancel and rebook. I will never understand this travel business.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you purchase trip insurance through Apple?

If you did then most likey they will refund you the difference. But, that refund is probably going to be int he form of a travel voucher to use within one year.

If you didn't purchase the insurance then they do not have to give you the lower price. They might but they don't have too.

3. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, we each put down a deposit of $125. It will be worth it to lose the deposit and rebook. We would still save over $100.

And no, I didn't take the trip insurance...it was expensive enough without it.

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you haven't paid for your trip then I would say it would be worth it to just cancel and rebook if you would still save $100 or more after losing that $125.

I was assuming you had already paid your trip off.

5. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tomorrow i am going to make a serious attempt to get that price without canceling and re booking. we'll see how it goes.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You might want to nose around tonight and see what the competitors are offering price wise.

My travel agent has always had good luck with Apple getting them to meet the competition's price for the same package.

Not sure if Vacation Expres flies out of your city but that might be one to check out as a bargaining chip.

7. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, I was checking out this Vacation Express yesterday...

the package prices were considerably less than many other sites.

that was from NYC to Cancun, peak week, etc.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you booking it, Dennis???

9. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I wish. I will have to do some creative saving and revisit at a later date.

But I'll be prepared when it's time to make the decision.

There seems to be quite a party going on in Cancun in the middle of March, and I'll be damned if I don't crash it. :cool:

10. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    vacation express' server never gets me through to see some prices. it always says "server is busy, please try again"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice