November / December Chaos Crew 2017 Thread

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Trish, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Since we're now into 2017, I figured it’s the right time to start the Chaos Crew 2017 thread and countdown! This is a space for people visiting TTR around Thanksgiving / early December 2017 to post dates, theme ideas or to just talk about upcoming trip plans. For those that are new, like most monthly groups, Chaos Crew is merely a name penned for those visiting the resort from late November (usually Thanksgiving, so November 23rd in 2017) to early December. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join the fun!

I noticed that the Chaos Crew countdown threads didn’t see much love the past few years, but I’m hoping this year (following the enforced 2016 break) there’ll be more interest. I’m confident 2017 will be biggest Chaos Crew party yet!

• Like Like x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    :lotsofmichaelfs:

I just booked! 10 days this time... Nov 22 - Dec 2nd

Alpharooms had a great deal.
    :lotsofmichaelfs:

3. Trish

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I can't check dates yet. The travel company we normally use only has availability up to October 2017 at the moment, so I'm guessing I need to wait until February until I can book.

Debating whether to book 2 weeks or 3 weeks this year. I get the feeling by November I'll be more than ready for a long vacation. I've already bought 3 days extra vacation days from work in anticipation.

Looking for dates around either 17th November - 8th December, or 24th to 8th.

4. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    I generally book around May, but I check prices almost weekly. The initial plan was to do a referral this year since listed prices were so high. Then I saw that Referrals went up almost $20/night after the first of the year, and AR had it $60 less than that, so I jumped on it.

I'm so excited to see everybody again! Our mini group was awesome this year, but I miss everyone else.:liebe011:

5. freakygeek

freakygeek Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    We are booked with the hotel from Nov. 22nd to Dec. 2nd. I just set up kayak to send me price alerts for the flights today. I wish I could talk Kurt into 2 weeks this year, cause I think I will need a long long vacation too.

It's going to be so nice to see everyone again, all back home. :)

6. WickedInRI

WickedInRI Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I've normally been a January/February visitor (3 times) and travel solo. I'm not keen to wait another 12 months though!!! Perhaps this is the time to try for a Thanksgiving visit - though I am sort of sad at the thought of missing some of the random strangers I seem to fall in with.... year after year....... "Gee..... sorry..... I was so drunk..... I don't remember a thing........"

:)

7. bearhug

bearhug Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Looking at arriving black Friday...just a matter of how many days...and that depends on how many other days I take off throughout the year...including maybe a trip to TTR shortly after the re-open...

8. Simply2Dlicious

Simply2Dlicious Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 0
    Nov 11-18. Trip# 5

9. Trish

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Going to be hard resisting booking an early trip once it's open. I just can't afford the dates. My boss would have a fit if I take two vacations so close together.

10. bobby slack

bobby slack Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    we are nov 13rd-22nd-----seems so far away!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice