Notarios Publicos ~ Which are good?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, May 25, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm wondering if other people can recommend good notary publics here?

We've had experience with 3 of them since coming here, but the only one I would go back to is Nancy Peggy Magaña Tintoré who is number 25. Nancy has been excellent, a little slow to get the work done, but otherwise excellent.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With the exception of our house, we've used Notario 28 for all of our real estate and legal transactions. They are moderately expensive but well organized, completely and functionally computerized and very efficient. Once you've seen their building (behind the bus station), you'll understand the size and scope of their business.

On the other hand, avoid Notario 18 like the plague. They handled the purchase of our house and it was a 19 month battle getting all the mistakes and missteps corrected. I didn't see them on the list. Perhaps they've fallen into their own hole.

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The most known and seriuos is Luis Camara

5. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Notarios

I found Camara to be expensive and we had to wait a loooooong time.
    De la Peña was good and much more reasonable (we did wills with him). I have used the Notario on Bonampak, as you make the right turn from Kulkulcan, pass the Pemex and the building is right there on the right side. They are quick, accurate, and reasonable priced. I'll find out the name and the exact address of the Notario I am using now for my new apartment and I will let you know.

6. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Notario...

FOUND IT! Notario Publico No. 3
    M.D. Marco A Sanchez Vales,
    Av. Bonampak, No. 6
    881-7540.
    I have been very satisfied all around with their work!

7. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    >I have used the Notario on Bonampak, as you make the right turn from
    >Kulkulcan, pass the Pemex and the building is right there on the right side.

I wouldn't be wanting to be sitting in his office when a transformer at the CFE power distribution yard explodes, raining hot burning metal down on the Pemex station next door.

Although you've got better odds there than the people living in Residential Las Americas, across from the Pemex storage tanks on Kabah, which are ALSO next to an even BIGGER CFE installation.

Sigh.

Sorry for the tangent.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HAHAHA! I love that tangent, keep going! Got any more doomsaying about Mexico? I want to hear it.

9. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drew, you are awful :claphappy: :D

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what I understand it is actually illegal here in Mexico to put gas storage facilities within a certain distance of electricity distribution plants.

Clearly someone got around that here, somehow.

No surprise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice