Not so Much 4 star as 2.5 stars

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by H&D, Sep 24, 2008.

1. tandm

tandm Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Forget about price, and I did plenty of research, the week we stayed, the room we had, the service we got(mainly at the bars) and the people we met (for the most part)were not what I read about here or elsewhere BERFORE we went. Like I said before we do feel we got what we paid for, but did not experience what we had hoped for, and we would not rush back. Yea for H&D for speaking their mind.

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, even though I have been 3 times already now I am getting nervous that the changes have not been for the better...I am really hoping that H&D and tandm just went on a really bad week/couple of weeks service and other guests wise!!

Quite a few repeaters are going between now and when we are booked, so I am anxiously awaiting the TR to see what they think.

Sorry y'all did not get the vacation you were looking for!

3. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But I dont think H&D felt they got what they paid for. That is who I was mainly talking about when I was talking about price. Because it seems to me they didnt feel they got what they paid for.

I am sorry you didnt feel you got the level of service or met the type of people you expected to. I can only speak for the couple times I went. I never had a service issue (sure tips did speed things up but I got good service to those I didnt tip also) and met very nice, fun-loving people. I wasnt the person who said that there wasnt enough research done on your part or anyones part for that matter...As for the room, ours wasnt the best either but I mentioned that in my trip report. I saw photos of the rooms on here before going and knew what to expect. I didnt expect great construction but I did expect AC and mine didnt work right for most of my trip. :shock:

4. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    xoie

we just got back a few weeks ago

and if you were comfortable with blue bay as it was then you will be fine with temptations - it is an improvement - but its not the ritz carlton - never was and it never will be

just irks me a weeee tiny bit that they spent all that time remodeling and slapping a new name on the structure and there is little if any change (other than paddy o's, a different color of paint on the walls and some new bed sheets)

5. marilyn&steve

marilyn&steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All feedback, negative as well as positive, is useful I think. An unbiased critique from newcomers can point out some things we regulars may not notice. We repeaters tend to be a self selecting group. Those who like Temptation of course think it's great (we leave for visit #6 in a week). Maybe every little thing about it isn't perfect, but overall it's a real fun atmosphere. Those who disagree may or may not post a critique, but they are unlikely to hang around too long on the board here.
    Everyone sees basically the same thing when at TTR. It obviously isn't a brand new resort. The beach is what it is. The drinks may not be top of the line, but everybody seems able to get drunk and party. The food is good enough, often great in the specialty places. The rooms are nice enough, they always serve their purpose, if you know what I mean.
    Personally, we have always found the staff to be very friendly. The front desk gets a lot of criticism, but they've always been great to us. Maids, waiters, bartenders, even the groundscrew always seem friendly and smile. And of course the entertainment cast have always been fabulous. Yes, I'm aware of the changes but am optimistic by nature and expect another great visit.
    If TTR isn't your thing, I'm sorry; I sincerely hope your next trip pleases you more. For all the repeaters and newbies who come to know and love the place, let's enjoy and party hardy!

6. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there in Feb as they were wrapping up the remodelling. They were finishing the lobby and making little repairs here and there. My hubby is actually in the background of the Paty O's picture on their web site.
    While we were there we met a few people that were absolutely not happy about the service, rooms they were given. food etc...mainly it seemed they were unhappy with the service though. Even then it seemed as if the atmosphere was changing a bit.... My concern is how much is the atmosphere changing??? In our previous trips (Oct 06, Jan 07, Feb 08) we met great people and I am looking forward to doing the same this trip. Hopefully some of the repeaters going in Oct, early Nov will post and let us know how/if teh resort has changed in regards to atmosphere.

7. seriouslysillygirl54

seriouslysillygirl54 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe those that have never been to TTR before or after the change read about all the fun we have all had in the past and maybe have expectations beyond what might be reasonable. I have been once before the construction November 06, once during the contruction in November of 07 and everyone was beyond worried about everything......the rumors flying were unbelieveable......even during construction the rooms were clean, the food and drink were as they were.... good and the staff great....I have never had staff treat me poorly anywhere in Mexico, we are their livelyhood without us they do not have a job and they know it.....I have however witnessed many of the visitors/patrons treating the staff less than great, not tipping and just basically being rude. This is an old resort and for its age it looks good, they have done well with the upkeep of the grounds and the rooms and the prices for rooms are reasonable, this is all inclusive so food, drinks, entertainment...... price is good, not to mention the fun to be made by all.................I am looking forward to my trip in November and it will be as it has been before.......great fun.......as with all things in life it is what you make of it.........it is about who you go with, who you meet ..............look at how many lasting friendships and relationships are a result of TTR......... so go have fun......

8. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My biggest problem is the beds make my back hurt. I got a foam top from the maid but it still took a few hours to work the kinks out in the morning. They beaches are still a mess but they worked on them most every day to keep up with it. I like being able to go to the restaraunts anytime you want but remember pack the shoes and long pants to get in.

9. MichelleAndChris

MichelleAndChris Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Own a B&B

I own a lovely 100year old B&B. There will always be someone who doesn't like it. That's just the way it is. Those people should stay home, or go to a comfort inn. Hah! How boring. Anyway, I am also a real estate broker for 10 years. The pickiest buyers are the one with the most unkempt homes. I did not get wasted or ridiculous at TTR. I had a beautiful jaccuzi suite. Spent time on the beach, enjoyed my plush king sized bed with my husband and respected the staff. I didn't look under the bed, or sink for bottle caps for lint or dust or grime. That's just wierd. My room was musty, but that's the tropics. Only complaint was that I couldn't get a spot near the sexy pool. Oh, well. Loved my trip and will be back again and again.

10. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Sounds like you spent too much time looking for the negatives.......and totally missed out on the positives. Too bad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice