Not so Much 4 star as 2.5 stars

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by H&D, Sep 24, 2008.

1. H&D

H&D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Jay I didnt find this site till after i booked, and from every site i checked out the pics and such of TTR it looked great, and even here, 98% of ppl love it.. therefore with all the good comments, read about how much fun everyone had, how they return time after time, i think we went with Great Expectaions of having an absolute blast, meeting the ppl on here that we talked to, and such!
    Sadly that is not what we got, and we will not go back, it wasnt worth our money to us not you, IT is in fact OUR OPINION of the resort and you have yours. The fact remains that there will always be ppl that Love it and ppl that hate it.
    And we have stayed on the ocean before, no mold, or musty smell... and i have talked to a friend that goes to cancun / riviara maya yearly, he has never had a musty room or one with mold in it.

I do not have to Defend my opinion of this trip and the resorts quality! I do however have the right to post that its not what we seen in pics, read on forums etc. so that others feel like they have a real understanding of what they are getting! I read where someone complained about the resort on TTR forum and i thought, 'well you cant please everyone, & some ppl just complain about everything"
    so dont be affraid lil ol me is going to stop a bunch of ppl from going to ttr and having the time of their life.

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    TTR

I for one commend you for posting your opinions, thats the greatness of sites like this , is that you can read peoples Opinions, its not edited by the resort or blocked by steve and thats what makes this site so good to read. I personally love Temptations and will continue going back there, however I know That it doesnt matter if its the Hilton in Miami or Howard Johnson in Timbucktoo no resort is going to please everyone, it just so happens that this board is full of TTR lovers and repeaters, So you in a sense are the " Red Sox Fan at Yankee Stadium"......Sorry you had a bad trip, Good luck on your next destination.
    I will be heading back to Temptations in March and hopefully will continue to have an experience that I personally Love.

3. jayc72

jayc72 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hardly beating up. But I've been reading this board for a couple of years now and nearly everyone that comes on and says that they didn't enjoy Temptations/BBG didn't do a lot of homework before hand. It is ALL about expectations. To have realistic expectations one must do research.

Like I said, I don't buy a $100 item with out doing pretty exhaustive research. I'm hardly going to take a vacation that cost 200 times that with out looking closely into the resort.

Good and bad opinions here are excellent, gives the next guy/gal and honest idea what the resort is all about.

4. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may not think you're being that way but I'd guess that H&D probably feels like they're being ganged up on and I agree with backs13. Props to H&D for posting.

If someone comes off rude and obnoxious then sure.. have at them... but lets just chill out and let in some differing opinions.

~ I feel a round of cumebya coming on ~

5. jayc72

jayc72 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancuncare.com comes up on the first google page after searching for "cancun" and for "cancun temptations".

www.tripadvisor.com has enough negative reviews to make you question the resort, or it should.

It's no surprise that you didn't have a good time, Temptations was obviously not the resort your should have gone to. But it isn't the fault of the resort, the information that should have guided your choice was out there and easily available. Bottom line, you failed to make an informed decision. Your opinions and thoughts about the resort are as important as anyone's. Hell I don't disagree with you, you painted a mostly accurate picture of the resort. Hopefully someone will read your thoughts about the resort and make an informed decision.

6. dayzfan4life

dayzfan4life Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i just got back too and I have similar issues that H&D had. But we also had a lot of fun. I will be posting a report with pics soon. H&D sorry you didn't have fun, if we would have not got out and got away from the resort our trip would have been a bust too. More on that later.stay tuned.

7. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sorry you didnt like TTR.

8. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    do understand what you are saying jc

before we went to cancun for the first time we thoroughly researched after our friend "not so tiny" tim had recommended we go there for some fun

and that is exactly what we did - hell by the time we left for blue bay - we knew everything about the resort from the color of the stain on the bed sheet in room 2212 to how many tats chinos has on his forearm below his right elbow :)

we also knew that it was not a 4 star resort

- i think what hd is saying (and most everyone would agree with) is that temptations is not a 4 star resort (most of us have been to 4 star resorts and know this as well)

while most of us here love temptations -

if we are completely honest we would all be hard pressed to give it a 2.5.

agreeing with HD - temptations should not advertise itself as 4 star resort

its a 10 star party at a nice ai hotel - imho - :wink:

rob and tonyass

"when its time to drink - dont dare hand me some pretty little fru fru martini, a nice comfy couch, and a bunch of pretentious snobs - give me some tequila, t, one of comfy baseball hats and get ready to take some pictures of a freaking mess"

9. H&D

H&D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

WELL SAID!!!! I would totally agree!!

10. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob, I totally agree with you.

In my post I broke down the costs of MY vacation (dont know if theirs was more or less) and if I remember (without looking) the actual price of the ROOM after taking away a VERY FAIR (IMO) food cost was close to 30 bucks per night. I cant get a 2.5 star in MN for that! I dont think you can get a seedy no tell, motel for that price in MN. I think TTR is certainly better than that. Hotels like Motel 6 have signs for twice that on the side of the road.

I guess if I were unhappy if I broke it down like that I may be LESS unhappy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice