Not so Much 4 star as 2.5 stars

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by H&D, Sep 24, 2008.

1. suedave

suedave I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    so sorry to hear about your trip, as we are from the uk, we cant compare with the other places that you mention, we have been all over europe, and some beautiful islands, and have just got back from egypt, stayed in a great 5 star hotel, and had a fantastic time, but we are already booked again for TTR next april for our 5th visit, what is different about the place is the atmosphere about the place and the great people you get to meet, and to us the staff are always great, and we do tip, but deffinatly not over the top,we are by no means rich, just ordinary people looking to have 2 weeks of fun we have'nt found anywhere else, and until we find another adults only resort somewhere else as much fun as TTR, we will continue to return, we dont worry about the rooms, as we only sleep there, and we have never been ripped off on the buses, and cancun town is a great place, plenty of bars and good nightlife, where we feel safe, which we could'nt say about sharm el- sheike or cairo, so TTR is deffinatly not for everone, but the best place we have found for fun.

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    we can certainly all agree on that crappy music :lol:

geeeez

can honestly say we have been to a lot of night clubs and bars and we've never seen music run people out of a bar faster than the S^%$# does at nice shoes (newly dubbed the techno bar)

i joked in another post that i am going make me a TTR techno cd so that when i want to make people leave our house - ill just put that cd in and crank it up and run everyone off

rob and tonyass

3. seriouslysillygirl54

seriouslysillygirl54 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow.....this appears to be a real sad back and forth......we really get it you did not like your trip.............there will always be a few that will not.....you went your saw you will not go back......maybe not to Mexico...that is sad........you must have been at some other resort.....because I have never had that bad of a time in Mexico and not at this resort. Frankly I had thought to go elsewhere this trip.....my male friend wanted to come here...he has been 5 for 6 times....he found me other places to look into and frankly this was still the best.......I would rather have a less than five star room, less than five star beach and enjoy all the fun people take part in the fun games and see old friends from previous trips than go to the Fiesta___________and have five star and no fun.......come back and wonder why I did not go to Temptation. So with that being said it is sad that you want to warn people off based on your one bad experience.......but this America and there is free speach......oh no this is Mexico can say what you want........but if you are warning those poor souls that would not have fun anywhere you have done a good job because it appears it has worked in the opposite.....we want to come even more.......techno music......that has been the way for years.......you ask them they will change it and you just give them a really long list of what you want they will always do it and a nice tip works wonders for the music anywhere......the staff is there for our entertainment and they will change the music even in nice shoes......just ask nicely and give a good tip........as for the drinks never had a problem there...if you do not like it they will be happy to get you something else......in reading your complaints it appears you did not read all the posts these complaints have been heard before and the they have been answered before......this is like everyother out of the country resort.....drinks not american, rooms will be musty until you air it out....beaches will be beaches.....and in the early morning the staff does remove the seaweed build up over night........enough I have said way too much we all have .....there really is nothing to defend.....you had a bad trip....and it is what you made it...................it is always what you make it............

4. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Right on seriouslysillygirl54!! Hard to make your statement better!! :clap: :clap:

5. seriouslysillygirl54

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going in November...sorry you will not be there...........In the last few years I have seen them come and go.....the reason for this forum is to read up and see what others say ..................... the good out weighs the bad 100 to 1......so if you have issues with what has been said ie the smell of the room, the beach the drinks, the music..........they can all be over come and if these are things that made your trip bad....wow....since I am never on the beach, the music has been changed for me and others, I sleep in the room.....had too much fun to notice the smell.......or have been to so many tropical resorts that I know it will be there.........wow......I go for the people and the those that return do that.....the repeaters only worry when another repeater says it was bad.....then it would be because no one was there!!!!!! :lol:

6. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

SSG54, you nailed it with both of your posts. TTR is different. Some will like it and some won't. Kind of like politicians. We like some and dislike others.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Not sure exactly what you mean, but cancuncare does not abide by any particular countries constitution regarding free speech or lack thereof.

Really, lets not turn this into a bash the original poster thread just because they did not like TTR like so many of you do. All reviews good and bad are welcome and although it is quite rare that a bad report turns up it does happen from time to time and provides a little balance to show that not everyone enjoys the place.

8. seriouslysillygirl54

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not bashing anyone....the forum is here to say what we will.....not bashing free speach in America or Mexico......just saying one can say what they will in Mexico and it will be respected as such.....for all the free speach we have in America it will come back to bite you at some point in time.......there is a saying that we all know....."what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico"! The reason we all go to Mexico is to enjoy the freedoms we do not have at home......

9. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are bikers. Although, I do ride my own bike, not ride with someone else on the back of theirs. And we do alot of the runs out of our area, and there is absolutely nowhere that you could even compare TTR to with a biker run. I mean come on, we are in northeastern ohio and you are in northernohio, you think that things like your talking about are really that much different.? If your gonna compare things, make sure that you compare things that are actually comparable.

I am sorry that you didn't have a good time, but don't bring things into this discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with one another.

10. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Woodman, thank you for your suggestion. Never would have thought of it. I am a sams club member and did check it out. I checked for Oct (out of curiosity) and also for April cause we're not booked yet, and both times seems to be about $100.00 more than continental. I will keep checking for april over the next few months and who knows, maybe they'll have a great deal going on.

For those of you going from Ohio, and if you can leave from Pittsburgh, in our experience, Continental and Us air are the best rates for scheduled air. And if you can get usa3000 to work for your dates they are absolutely great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice