Not so Much 4 star as 2.5 stars

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by H&D, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Donna & John

Donna & John Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    After just getting back from our 8th trip a few weeks ago; we got to agree with Roy and Sandy and Paul & Darcy that it's the people you meet especially from this board. We have met Roy and Sandy on our 5th Trip and Paul & Darcy on this last trip along with hooking up again with Cal & Michelle for the 3rd time. The memories are priceless...as a matter of fact Cal & John were just talking and laughing about when Roy had to go back and put a piece of clothing :oops: on during the anything goes show in Nice Shoes. The Staff has always been great everytime we've been there, we have to agree also that it's going to be hard to duplicate Chino, Omar and Lalo but let's give them credit for trying.

Sorry to hear you couldn't make this last trip Roy and Sandy, Cal was the laugh of the crowd and by his side his pal Canon pretty much at all times.

Take Care
    Donna & John

2. H&D

H&D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1st im not here to argue over whether TTR is good enough or fun.. that was our experience, and it sucked so bad we would not even come to Mexico again on a free trip... i told my story so that others like us may not be burned for $2k + if they are looking for 4 star.
    2nd we are not so prude or uptite that we cant cut loose and have some fun, we are bikers in many sences of the word.... party with the best, live life for the fun times, and are gracious, we normaly stay in Comfort Inn or Best Westerns something like that on an average travel, so its not like we only stay in the high $ joints..

Roy & Sandy : we met HBill, from here, he introduced himself when he seen is, we chatted a bit, he is very nice and down to earth.
    we also met some great cpls, from nebraska, colorado, ohio, & pa....
    & for the money i dont expect to have mold, bleach is cheap, clean it like it should be for a resort period.

Beverly : its not all the staff that was bad, i gave some examples of what we had serve us, we loved some of them a lot. its a "tips included place' i was a bartender for 14 yrs, i know how to tip a bar staff.. trust me...
    if u are there 3-4 times a year maybe they remember you and that your tippers and so therefore you are treated as such!

blackirish: im thinking the only way to enjoy TTR is to be soo trashed drunk that it dont matter whats happening, dont get me wrong, we like to get a hell of a buzz on like the next, but its really hard when you cant get service from the get go...

PS: i always say at any bar, :"another drink when you get a chance" and then thank you or gracias...
    at any bar when i drink a mixed drink, i taste it, and tip accordingly. if its what i asked for, and decent i tip well so i get them that way all nite, and tip all nite to make sure they know that,
    armando was great, fredrico was great,
    edgar forgot i tipped him all together...

wanna see titties n partiers, party with a biker at their runs.....
    thats wild,
    also im not so snooty that i think this place sucked cause im a snob,
    i drive a 92 jeep wrangler that i Mud and beat in the dirt for fun!! thats my daily driver... 6" lift, 33" mudders

sorry if i sound bitchy i feel like im being attackedd for not liking
    techno music all day and nite, and poor service, and dirty room!
    this was all my opinion and our experience... maybe even doing you all that love it a serice, by keeping "my kind" out so you can get drunk and party... to us it wasnt worth the money and we felt ripped off by the raves and excitment to find dirt, and not well treated!

3. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Ok I don't want to add any more fuel to the fire but this comment and a few others of yours did concern me. Here is a quick lesson in me to set it up.

I am a hydrogelogist and do a lot of work in the oil industry in Western Canada, as such I spend roughly 1/3 to 1/2 my year out of town often staying in camps in remote locations. Not suprisingly the line of work has made having relationships difficult, hence I am 31 and still a bachelor.

When I go on vacation I want to go somewhere that lets me cut loose and have a blast! TTR does that for me. And I know that this might raise the eyebrows of some other people that have had issues with premier (I gave up on the RCI part, just wasn't working for me since I can usually find a flight out of somewhere in Saskatchewan or Alberta for about $600 and I may as well use the nights and get a slightly upgraded room for a discount). However, I digress, from the moment that I walk in that lobby to the minute I get in a taxi going back to the airport I have fun!

For me having fun does mean I will spend most of my time near the sexy pool tipping back Dos Equis, and many frozen beverages while watching or taking part in the activities and ending up many a night on the bus going to (insert bar here). For the days when I feel like chilling out the balcony of my room or the quiet pool and/or beach do wonderfully!

The first thing I learned about the rooms is if you don't like the musky smell open your main door all the way as well as your patio door for about 10 minutes. The breeze will carry out that odour. It's a tropical environment and there is no true air circulation in the rooms so it really can't be helped.

I could go on but what I like about this resort is that when I was last there in late January (going solo) it took me 5 minutes to find people that I partied with all week. And that was at 4am! Yeah I was 'trashed' my fair share, but I got what I paid for and expected.

Quite frankly if everyone was lying on massage tables with quiet soothing music it wouldn't be the place that most of us on this board love!

End meandering rant!

4. DougEfresh

DougEfresh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    H & D,
    I agree with you on the music. I was there last week and I love all kinds of music(except country, although I like rednecks:) I was a little bored with the techno-mex so I asked Rafa the dj at the sexy pool to play some rock. I suggested AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns and Roses, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. He went into the dj shack and played exactly what I asked him....1 song each, then went right back to the techno-mex stuff!!

I do know that I had a blast last week and my friends who I brought for the first time can't stop talking about how much fun they had.

I also have to agree with you that Temptation is not an American 4 star, but it's a Mexican 3-4 star. I think the price reflects the star-worthiness. It's an old resort that's been updated, but it still has a lot of the old plumbing etc. I think the positives far out weigh the negatives.

If you ever find a place like Temptation or better please let me know, especially if it's on the west coast.

DougEfresh

5. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dos Equis...great advise about ventilating the room. If we are in the room we pretty much keep our patio door open and I am sure that is why we have not noticed the mustiness a lot of people talk about. Moldy drawers though....ewwww. We always completely unpack and use the drawers...we wipe everything down with Clorox wipes and I put fabric softener in the drawers and closet to keep our clothes from getting that funky smell they tend to get in humid places.

Once again H&D, I am sorry you did not have the trip you were expecting. Don't take it personal most people on this forum are sticking up for the resort....most of us are repeaters and love TTR.

6. H&D

H&D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not so much as personal, but seeing a pattern here,
    the only thing i see that folks love is the drunkin times...
    hell i can do that at home, im my home bar,
    even know bars where i can get nakked and no one cares, but the party rocks on...
    i think for $2k+ there should be more benefits than getting drunk!!!
    im not in college.
    we did love something else, watching the drunks stagger to their rooms, or look for their rooms, there were some laughs

7. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    :breathefire: :banghead: :shock: :idea: :daveandmo: :lotsofmichaelf: :cheerleaders: :partytime: :flogging: :dave:

You're right! Except mine usually cost about 1200! I can be serious and grown up again when I am NOT at TTR!

May you select a resort that is more to your expectations next time. I already found mine!

8. 1smokey

1smokey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    To: H&D

Sorry your trip was not what you had hoped. Best wishes on your next choice, and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Our trips to Temptations are what we (wife and I) expected it to be. We enjoyed meeting old friends, and making new ones. Some contacts were for the afternoon, and some for the entire week. We went to the shows, specialty restaurants, booze cruise, catamaran trip, and golf carting. Most importantly we met people from not only all over the USA, but the world as well. (Canada, Ireland, England, and the island of Malta to mention a few.)

Cal

9. crazy4cancun

crazy4cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sorry it didn't work for you, but we had a blast!

H&D,

Sorry, we never hooked up with you, but we did meet tons of other wonderful folks while we were there.

Personally, we are not the high-class type, but I do appreciate good service, clean rooms, and decent food at a minimum with what we spent for the trip. We felt that we got all that and more!

I never had a problem at all with the room, except the safe was locked when we got there, so we just stuck our head out the door and called one of the staff in the hall, and he sent someone right up to open it for us.

We left a note on the fridge of what we wanted to drink, and had no problems--came back to a fridge full, and no, not bottled water, but still, what we got was just fine.

As for the food, unless you go into the specialty restaurants, it is just ok, not great, but it is better than at other places we have been in Cancun. For us, the staff was fantastic, and they treated us well all the time.

We are both older, married for 19 years, have raised our kids already and just want to go out and have some fun, not into swinging, not into partying like back in college again, but definitely ready to drink and have some fun! For us, it was a fantastic time, made so much better by all the great folks we got to meet during the games and activities.

I know we will go back again at the same time next year just to see some of the folks we met from Northern Ireland, Wales, Canada, and the States again! We are also looking to see when we can get vacation to go back sometime before then!

Personally, we absolutely loved the cruise to Isla Mujeres, and we had a total blast diving twice with Boris, the instructor/guide from the resort.

Charlie, Jose, Mario, Joy and some of the other staff were great, we never visited with Happy as much, and Aisha (sp?) was a real gem!

All-in-all, we truly came away feeling we had gotten what we paid for and then some! Complete with lasting memories and some potential new friends we can't wait to see again!

10. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Beverly
    Try Sam's Club travel if you're a member. Cheapest that we've found anywhere! :roll:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice