Not so Much 4 star as 2.5 stars

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by H&D, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    I have been to Aventura Palace and it cost me an extra 7-900 Dollars and in my opinion I would go back to Temp. I agree it is not a 4.5 Resort but the entertainment and the people are worth it.
    This will be our 2nd time and I cant wait. See ya in 12 days.

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Re: Own a B&B

That and the people you met down there were awesome, chris and michelle ha ha, We had a blast, and if everyone did what we did and just enjoyed the atmosphere and the people you meet , it would a 5 star hotel lol...Cant wait to do it again.

3. Tequila Ken

Tequila Ken Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't invite my parents either...they'd drink all the Tequila before I could get there!!

I also agree with your previous post...most of us don't go there because of the accommodations.

My first trip to Cancun was to a 5-star hotel (a real 5-star, not a rating given by the delusional person that officially gave TTR a 4-star rating). The atmosphere at the my original hotel was very anti-social (as in don't even say hello to anyone you didn't already know before the trip). I met a couple of girls at Sr Frogs that told me about this hotel. A few days later I went over in the morning and took a short tour by one of the bellmen. I met so many people in the few minutes walking around that I bought a day pass, went back to my hotel to get my swimsuit, and didn't leave until the sun came up the next morning. I've been back at least a dozen times (and less than 3 weeks until my next trip). I love it because of all the people I meet. If it weren't for the people, I would never go back just for the rooms or (if you'll pardon the expression) "beach".

It definitely is not a hotel for everyone, but with almost 2 million miles on American Airlines alone, I've been to a lot of (much nicer) places and I keep coming back.

4. jrose52

jrose52 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    seriously

Really? Are we comparing Mexico to Outerbanks in NC? We live not too far from there and have been. We go to Hilton Head Island ALL THE TIME. In addition, havebeen to other resorts in Cancun. I will say, if you want to lay by the pool, fry in the sun and be bored out of your mind, then go to any of these other places other than TTR. BUT!!! If you want to party like a rock star for a week, and meet a lot of great people, then go to TTR and stay the hell away from the quiet, swanky places you will pay $3,500 usd a person for. My wife and I thought seriously about going to another resort this year, but when it came down to it, we chose to come back to TTR again this year. We had too much fun, were never in our room and met a bunch of really cool people that are going to be there again this year. The food is good and hell, you just cant beat it. Throw in a booze cruise with Steve and you got yourself a freakin vacation! I hate it when someone doesnt have a good time, but i guess all we can worry about is that we DID and ARE OINGTO AGAIN! : )

5. davehiroe

davehiroe Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea gotta say that TTR kicks ass, although not for the rooms! Our room was very clean, and tipping the room cleaners ensured lots of cleanliness. Read Halifaxdans report. I tip because i have did their jobs before and loved when someone took the time to give a small reward. Hell, a few well-placed 1s and the waiter was bringing our drinks without us saying a word. That said, I can understand why some may not have enjoyed it as much as us.

6. Bearcat

Bearcat Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had such a blast....I am going to have a blast again in May! We made so many friend ships that we get to see again, drank, laughed, relaxed, went wild, and plenty more! It was worth every dime to me.

7. Wichspix

Wichspix Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How can Temptation resort/rooms NOT be considered a 4 star resort when they have channel 12 ?!!!

8. tooldudetraveler

tooldudetraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My 1st time to temptations will be Apr 17-24,2009 but my wife , myself and my brother have traveled mexico and the world.

I can relate to the musty smell you mentioned and can say with confidence that you will find that in any humid climate where the buildings are made of concrete ( Mazatlan , Puetro Vallarta , Cuba , Dominican )

Theses trips are what you make of them , you gotta remember your in a 3rd world country , a 4 star resort there is a 1.5 star in Canada/USA and most of your 2k probably went towards return airfare.

Sorry your trip wasn't any fun , but don't let that stop you from exploring other countries.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice