Not so Much 4 star as 2.5 stars

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by H&D, Sep 24, 2008.

1. H&D

H&D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As far as we could tell, the Resort Star givers are very generous!!!!!
    Temptaions is more like super 8 in cleveland ohio than 4 star in a resort area! Ill start from the begining...

arrival: they pressure you to take the 'show you the resort tour' No thank you, i dont want time share vip tour, if i see a body of water ill asume its a pool or the ocean, if i see a room with tables and chairs, w/ food ill assume its a restutant. We got out of the tour by not showing, (thought they called the room 3 times for it) talked to other guests that walked out after 3 hours of telling the resort No.

Our ROOM: smelled 3 days like mold, i found the last day why, it was in the bed side drawer. The shower is a rain shower head, not enough pressure to rinse off your hair, and the tile work would Never pass inspection in the states. uneven, and unlevel. Maids suck, even after you tip them well, there was a cap off a bottle under our sink all week, and there was somesort of yuck on the front of the nitestand all week.
    There is No BOttled water at the resort unless you buy it at the gift shop.
    I requested it in the fridge as the Temp web site says, nothing, asked for it at the bars, no... buy it at the gift shop.

BEACH: very very small, and full of seaweed, that was never cleaned up nicely, the beds and round cushion chairs (no canopy) are ONLY for the VIP members, not guests like us.

POOLS : sexy pool, only techno music and a very small selection of it at that,
    quiet pool, had granite sections missing from the bar
    both pools have black something in the tile, dirty..
    HOT TUBS in the pools, are the same temp as the pool, not one hot tub jaccuzzi is Hot...

MISC :
    ~they even play the same Techno music in the clubs and bars all nite every nite
    ~tips, not required... lol... MOST of the servers will treat you better with a tip, we were tipping here are a few examples
    - one lady wouldnt give us the time a day till we tipped her
    - one guy was great without a tip
    -one guy i gave $10 tip in the begining, and then i never got him again without chasing him down
    - one i tipped and he acted like thanks, but didnt give us any better service.
    -one we tipped and he was on top of our every need, every time he seen us, he was awsome!
    - in general we talked to 2-3 cpls that transfered to Temptaions from a bigger shit hole, and said that they were happier, but it still wasnt what they wanted and paid for.
    one cpl said their duvet had some serious stains, and had to ask for a new room.

use caution with the buses, the drivers will put the change in their pocket, supose to be 6.50 peso or .65cents american, one ride cost is $20 usd for 2 people
    High pressure from streets and flea markets to buy, or take free lunch at their resort for discount trips.. dont fall for it, it is Time share.
    if you have any questsions id be happy to answer them,

Trips we would say are musts to see
    GO to XEL-HA - very beautiful blue waters and cenotes, dolphins, stingrays, cliff jumping, rope walking, river in a tube, snorkel, etc..

Go to TULUM : beatiful ruins and beach is so so so blue and clean, you can swim in it at own risk..

Go to SENOR FROGS : on stip in cancun hotel zone,. soo cool, we went for lunch, the staff is awsome, entertaining and personable. Great job guys!
    we had 2- 'yard margaritas' and 1 burgar lunch, & 1 fajitas lunch $70 usd!

hope your trips are better than ours.

2. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what did you like about TR?

3. H&D

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i loved Fredrico (sp) he is on the main restuarant, he was awsome!
    Most of the food i tried was great. Hubby loves Sushi.. he was tired of it after about 5 days lol! the pastries and desserts were good too

hummm seams the only real good i can say is the food...

4. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    t and i would agree with almost everything you said - not the type of resort they make it out to be :roll:

they should not give TTR 4 stars - we agree with that much - however, with that said -

we really do not go there for all that stuff -

if we wanted to be treated like a king and a queen, sip on martinis and have intellectual conversations about global warming, have cakebread chardonnay for dinner every night, and get fru fru mints scattered all over our bed - we would definitely not go there as it is clearly not a 4 star resort - your 2.5 sounds about right

- we go there to get messy drunk, laugh at others and oursleves, hang out with cool people, bitch about the s*&^%$ slection of music in nice shoes and party 24/7

rob and tonyass

5. H&D

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im already looking for our next vaca place.. id rather stay somewhere nice, and clean, and cook and get my own drinks... than TTR again.
    So im looking at the Outer Banks NC ocean front home..

6. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D

I know you've only been members for about a month, but if you read most of the trip reports over the last 5 or so years, you'd see the humor in that also.

Sorry to hear about your trip.

7. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I was thinking the same thing Waste. :D

I glad I end up at a different resort.

Jamie

8. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Hahahahaha! Sorry H & D, but your trip report sounds exactly like one I read on TripAdvisor.com about 2 months ago! Soooo....I'm not laughing at the experience you had, but because it was almost exactly the same as the report on that other site.

Gotta say that I totally agree with Rob and Tonya. Your trip to Temptation is only what you make of it!

Cheers,
    Janice

9. seriouslysillygirl54

seriouslysillygirl54 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is what you make it!

My first trip was November of 06, second November of 07 and my third will be November of 08..........I was there last year during all the construction and it still was great...............if you go for the rooms you might as well stay home..........in saying that most places you find will never live up to everyone's expectations.............but this place is fun.....I have paid more for less in the way of food and fun.......I have been to the Outter Banks for years and you will find most homes and hotels much like Temptations as far as clean....unless you rent a new one. I have been going to Cancun for 18 years, I have seen the changes.............I have been to the Resorts that bring you drinks, snacks whatever and they are no better than Temptations, in fact they cost more and you do not get the entertainment. Lately I have seen a lot of negative postings and that is sad because in the end it is what you make it! If you go and look for the negative you will find it, if you go with an open mind you will have the time of your life....trip after trip.

10. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Couldn't have said it better seriouslysillygirl54 !! Trip 2 coming up!! :michaelf:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice