Not just another shipping question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Bradley104, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Bradley104

Bradley104 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to be sending a package to some friends down in Cancun, and I already know to definately use FedEx. The one thing I'm trying to figure out is what I should put on the customs form. I plan on sending some Barbies, a Tommy Hilfiger Shirt, and some Victoria's Secret stuff, and would like to avoid either being taxed, or having the package opened. Any suggestions or experiences with something like this? Thanks!

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is everything NEW? If you can remove packaging and call it used it might help.

3. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you find someone going down who could deliver it for you?

I'm just afraid your friends will have to pay a duty on it.
    It would be kind of a bummer to get these gifts and have to pay, especially if they can't afford it.

4. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've sent stuff all over the world and I usually gift wrap them and write "Happy Birthday"...actually...to Mexico "Feliz Cumpleanos". They might give you a break. Only once the package was held.

Good thing I didn't send my friend in Africa any weed that time.

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fedex is definitely the best but chances are the package will be opened but there is LESS of a chance that anything will be missing. I recently sent a camera from Cancun to the States to a guest who left it in a hotel. It never made it.

6. Bradley104

Bradley104 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone- thanks for all the great responses! Rivergirl-yes everything is new, but i have no problem opening it just to be able to say it's "used" if that will make it cheaper. As far as sending the package- our biggest concerns were the cost and whether or not it would ever get there. We've sent multiple letters, cards, and photos to our friends . . . the letters and some pictures got there, but some things never do. Also, I am not concerned that the package would be opened, as much as I am afraid that the nice items inside would be taken, i guess it's just a crap shoot. To respond to Mapchick- We do not know anyone planning on making the trip anytime soon (even though it would only cost a *little* more for us to take it down ourselves :wink: ) so we are kinda stuck with having to send it via mail for now . . . I didn't account for the duties our friends might have to pay- how does that work on their end??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice