NoOb going April 13th to the 20th 2013, advice please

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by CTspec.B, Mar 21, 2013.

1. CTspec.B

CTspec.B Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone my name is Jay and my wife and I will be going to Cancun for the 1st time in a couple weeks. Our favorite place is the Divi in Aruba however for my wife's spring break (since she is a teacher) we decided to book the GP since friends of ours referred us there. The reviews online are wishy washy but as stated I take those reviews with a grain of salt just like I did with the Divi in Aruba and we LOVED that resort. We are actually going back to Aruba in August for our 2 year anniversary.

Anyhow I am 34 and my wife is 29 and we are not crazy partiers but we have hears the GP is a good time. I actually just found out a friend of mine Dikfore (Noah) is staying at Temtations the 11th to the 18th which is kinda funny.

We plan on staying on the resort mostly as this is more of a relaxing vacation than our adventurous Aruba vacation however we do plan to get off the resort 2-3 days max during the week we are there.

I am pretty sure I wana get over and see Isla Murejes one day do some shopping with her, rent a golf cart or waverunner not 100% sure yet. She wants to either swim with Dolphins or sea turtles however I only see one dolphin place and it seems very ehhhhh commercial/touristy. We were going to go to the Myan Ruins however we are not very artsy people and would rather not take an entire day to see old rocks and walk around (no offense).

Do you guys have any idea's of good (safe) excursions we can either book out of the GP or with the GP?

Jay

2. ScorpioMCN

ScorpioMCN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jay

Welcome to GP - we'll see you probably on the 13th..we go home on the 14th.

About 3 yrs ago we booked a dolphin swim trip at our hotel to go to Wet 'n Wild (just south of Cancun hotel zone - there are others but they are a much longer drive)...about $110/each it was a fun - I'm sure you'll enjoy it. With that price you get full use of the park for the day - lots of water slides and a wave pool. If you want video or pics of your swim with the dolphins it's expensive - like $10 per pic; much more for video ...my gf at the time bought everything - all pics and video ..cost was $265 add'l!!!

The pirate ship cruise is pretty fun too - you can book that at the hotel too as you can anything else...you board the one of the 3 pirate ships at the pier ..price includes dinner and all drinks on the boat are included...think it's about $60-$70/person.. add $10 if you want lobster.

Mike

3. CTspec.B

CTspec.B Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey thanks alot Mike, we will look into those things

4. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    oh yeah... i forgot i heard the pirate cruise was pretty cool to try...

5. tigerjohnni

tigerjohnni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i went on a excursion, snorkeling thru cenotes and in a bay, cant think of the name, but when you arrive they usually have your travel rep with all kinds of excursions...you may also want to go out one night to checkout coco bongo's..its like a las vagas show type of club, really cool..its usually 45dols/person includes all drinks, a short bus ride to downtown canucn, think its still $1 each way...R1 bus! look it up!

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I'd say stay on resort except for shopping and an Isla Mujeres trip! :) ..... and maybe a Boobs Cruise if you are adventurous! :)

Do Isla Mujeres on your own though. It's cheaper.

Swimming with the dolphins is fun. I did it at SeaWorld in California. The prices ^^^^ listed are fairly similar to SeaWorld. I think pictures were $15 each. So it seems like a good deal.

Personally I LOVE renting wave runners. I only do it from aquaworld. I'm too chicken to do it on the ocean side.... i stick to the lagoon! lol.

On the way to the old boring sites..... there are cenotes where you can snorkel. I'd actually be more interested in cenotes that the sights. lol.

7. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    I knew hammie would chime in.. :)

I've already informed him of the Boobs Cruise and TTR day passes... ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. USTWO

USTWO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    a day pass at TTR is a must. the dolphin swim is awesome though, if you do it, do the foot push, the captain hook cruise is a fun time also.so many things to do so little time

9. silver&gold

silver&gold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I have read of the day passes for TTR. How much is a day pass and how late can you stay? Can you stay through dinner and party at Patty O's that night?

10. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    Te pirate ship cruise Is really nice I've been there last year!!! But same show ! So I'll not going back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice