NO WAY? You mean Angi actually FINISHED that TR? Thank GOD!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Angibaby, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me start out by saying I TOTALLY understand the NEED for a dress code. I too want to have a special evening(s) out on my vacation. I atually brought along (and wore!) 5 dresses on this trip along with other various "nicer" clothes. To me it is fun to dress up and go to a nicer atmosphere and have a good meal. While in MN I dont do it often as I dont get too many sitters. So on vaca I try to several times.

BUT the dress code HAS to have common sense. Seriously dude. :roll:

Dress code is "enforced" at all specialty restaurants. First off this isnt true. There were people out of dress code at the Seafood and the Tex Mex. I think as long as it isnt blatent beach wear or very sloppy you can wear it there. The Asian and Itailian were more strict. I understand this as they do have a more upscale feel to them.

But still lets have COMMON sense. PEOPLE. puleeze. :roll:

So folks lets review TTR's dress code, shall we?
    HOLY CRAP FOLKS! in order to ensure accuracy (of my rant) I went to TTR wesite to copy and paste and here is what I found: "Dress code: no shorts, no t-shirts, no jeans and no sandals"

THIS is NOT the dress code that is enforeced and I was to rant about it was actually less strict and THIS ABOVE dress code is NOT enforced while I was there.
    The dress code I AM ranting about is something like
    1. No flip flops (or maybe sandals)
    2. No shorts
    3. No tank tops
    (seems there is a 4th that I am forgetting but I dont give a rats cause really I am ranting about the no shorts BULL)

NO SHORTS? We are talking about Cancun here are we not folks? Is this not a TROPICAL climate we are talking about?

Now do I think cut offs or jean shorts are OK? NOPE! Whatabout "surfing" type? NOPE! What about cargos here folks? NOPE!

But folks Dockers make nice looking mens shorts that can be pressed. I am talking about what men wear to an office (only cut and hemmed at the knee instead of the ankle people). With a polo shirt or a short sleeve button down shirt. Yes folks! I (apparently in my HEATHEN opinion) feel that in a warm climate that THESE would be appropriate for dinner.

Folks dont bring your dockers shorts but go ahead and wear your jeans, Haines Tshirts and tennies. YES folks THOSE apparently are MORE appropriate to wear for A nice dinner out. Apparently the man in the docker shorts is much less so and isnt allowed.

What do YOU all think?

I sposse I am :flogging: or :banghead:

2. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh wait...I guess *I* AM that bitchy chick :oops: and those are my opinions :oops:. No wonder that interlude went unpaid. :roll:

Really it has been *great* talking to all you folks tonight. :roll: I KNOW my ONE (millions of) TR reader(s) finds me TRUELY an entertainment GODDESS and is (are) DYING for me to never ever quit typing tonight. But alas. I must go to sleep. I am truely sorry BUT I must bid you good bye.

Either that or I am only entertaining myself (which is OK because I need to keep my mind off the brat so I dont :bash: her) and you are tired of my awesome (LAAMEO) humor and my clever (really really dumb) use of () and other really fun (useless) symbols and smilies.

Either way I am right about now seeing the use of multiple personality disorder. At least SOMEONE would be reading this. :p

3. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep me laughing , and , How did you break your foot ?

4. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well at least you find me funny! :p However none of my personalities broke their foot. At least to my knowledge and boy would that SUCK if my own personalities were keeping secrets from me now. :(

Though if you are to stay tuned you WILL here about MY need for Mexican medical care. I bet you are all on pins and needles (NOT!) waiting to hear about that episode! It isnt until I believe Tuesday that I need to seek his services so at the rate I am moving this TR along you may not want to hold your breath? :p

5. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Totally agree with you about the dress code.
    Most other resorts we have been to, require long pants in one of the more upscale reservation restaurants and the others allow nice shorts, collared shirts and no flip flops. I think that's fair.
    I have to say that when we were there in April, Ryan wore dress pants and dress shoes to the Italian only. He wore nice shorts, actually cargo style, and collared, button down or polo shirts to all the others, with leather sandals, no flip flops.
    I'm sorry but it's just way to damn hot for pants and I don't even want to think about jeans.

6. suedave

suedave I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    wish we had met you, sounds like you had a great time :lol: , waiting patiently for rest and the pics, great tr guys.

7. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Ditto!

IMO, Docker type shorts are much dressier than jeans. Wearing the pants for dinner is one thing, but kind of warm in Nice Shoes, and really a pain when walking on the beach. Good deal for the gift shop, as they now have $37.50 of my own money.

9. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will continue on. I am having a bit of an issue with one of my kids that I need to deal with for a little while.

I will leave this with you for those that were there last week....

"kitty want some milk? meeeeaaaoooowwww!"

Be back as soon as I can to do another day in the life of A&G's vaca. Hopefully all the stress that I am going through now wont make me forget too much. :evil: But then all the booze on the trip made me forget almost half of it already! :roll: :p

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    YES Please!!!!!! :D

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice