No Smoking!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by patriciawill, Nov 7, 2008.

1. patriciawill

patriciawill Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No Smokin', Waaaaassss Up with that? Heard there's new rules from the new powers that be. Is it just in the rooms (I'm for that) or all over except designated areas. We're all going to smoke anyway but never blow it in people's faces for sure. Any feedback?

2. CurtNBarb

CurtNBarb Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we were there in sep there was no smoking in the rooms, lobby, and dining areas. Everything else was ok.

3. Barbie-Daniel

Barbie-Daniel Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Both of us are smokers, we ask the resort if they have smoking rooms, they tell us that we can smoke in the balcony in any room and any open area.

:viva:

4. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Think yourselves lucky guys, you can't smoke anywhere in the UK. We aren't smokers but believe everyone has the right to smoke

5. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish they would make the pool non-smoking. All of those butts and ashes in the pool really suck.

Jim

6. seriouslysillygirl54

seriouslysillygirl54 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well here in Ohio most places are non smoking.......I have no issues with people smoking if they are respectful of others...........as for the pool the first time I went I was burned at the pool by a smoker who was drunk.....as for the rooms being non smoking they smell bad anyway!!

7. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess my take on this is that you shouldn't punish all the smokers just because some are idiots. We take a butt cup with us and use it religiously, would never dream of putting a cigarette out in the pool etc. I know that there are people out there that are not courteous....but I doubt that banning smoking at the pool would make a difference to them....and alcohol can make otherwise nice people do some dumb thing too.

Also....at least we can pick a cig butt up and throw it away...what about those hurlers in the pool. One quick way to get everyone out of the water is someone losing thier stomach, and it seems to happen at least once a trip.

I am glad the rooms are non-smoking. We don't smoke in our house and the smell of a stale smoked up room is a stomach turner for me....I can imagine it would be more so for someone that doesn't smoke.

8. MrHammy

MrHammy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a vacation smoker and wish it was easier to deal with buts, more ashtrays and empty them often. It may be nice to have a smoke free seating area but i think it would be very hard to enforce. No smoking in the rooms is fine with me i would rater relax on the balcony anyway.

9. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go to Walmart and in the automotive section and near some of the registers they have butt cups...looks like a plastic cup with a screw on lid with hole in it. They are like $3. We use them outside at home, on our golf cart at camper, at the pool at TTR, pretty much everywhere we go.

10. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    To be honest I'm glad it's non-smoking in the rooms. I found that when we stayed in a room that had the adjoining door the smoke would come into our room under the door. We had to put our beach towel at the bottom of the door to prevent it.

D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice