No outside food or drink policy

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mikeh375, May 7, 2007.

1. mikeh375

mikeh375 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a firm believer in "Where there's a will, there's a way", so one way or another I'll get my water into the room. :lol:

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that if you do your homeork BEFORE you book you will have no problems. Look at the hotel's website and I am betting that none will have a policy posted there that could be bad for business.

Call their 800 number and ask the question. Write the person's name and date of the call somewhere where you can find it.

If you have an incident, it will be with security. I actually did one time years ago at FA Cancun, which is now FA Vacation Club. I had s styrofoam coller and some plastic bags with snacks. The security dude tried to stop us and I told him I was in room 123 or whatever and to send a manager to the room and we could discuss it, or I could discuss it loudly in the lobby. I was "allowed" to proceed and no one came to the room.

The reason I was given for not allowing this stuff in the room was that it caused bugs. Well, would your bag of chips attract more bugs than the chips you can buy in the hotel gift shop or in their vending machines.

I doubt you will have a problem at all. Oh yeah, there used to be a Pizza Hut across the street from FA Cancun and I took pie to the room a number of times over the years.

3. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Persidente Inter-Continental is strict, very strict....they check your plastic bags at the door to make sure you aren't bringing in food or drink. I had several snacks in my suitcase that I brought from home......I felt like I had to sneak a mini Snickers while at the beach. :shock:

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting.
    And of course, nothing mentioned on their website to alert anyone.

Maybe the lesson learned here is to stick with places that offer timeshares, as it appears that this may be the only way to know that you'll be "allowed" to bring snacks into your room.

Perhaps we ought to create a "blacklist thread" to list those hotels which have these policies so that people can know before they buy.
    (Perhaps this will become that thread?)

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Naoautorizada - What a great idea. Maybe it could be one of those Sticky things to warn visitors about places with a history of complaints, "non user friendly" policiies, hidden charge ripoffs, where the time share people wrestle you to the ground, etc.

6. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had NO problems with bringing items into the resort while staying at the JW Marriott, the Hilton and RIU Palace.

7. mikeh375

mikeh375 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder where it will stop. I can just see it now: I'm sorry sir/madam, but that suntan lotion you brought with you from home is not permitted at our pool. Kindly dispose of it now, and visit our gift shop where we will gladly sell you a replacement for only $30.00 for 6 oz. :) :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice