No outside food or drink policy

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mikeh375, May 7, 2007.

1. mikeh375

mikeh375 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    George, thanks for the information regarding your recent stay at Coral Beach. I agree with you: a buck and six bits isn't bad at all for a 32oz. bottle. Where I got alarmed over the 10 and 11 dollars a bottle charge came from a couple of posters on tripadvisor.com, who posted that they were charged that amount. Didn't mean to stir up a mini-hornets nest here. Thanks again to all who've offered information on the subject.

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And Jim just for ther ecord no mattare what hotel I ever stay in I will always order Dominos at night after the bar :lol:

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And I doubt that the problem would ever come up at any hotel you might stay at.

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Im a taco factory guy after each night of partying!! hahahaha mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm love it!

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well whether I am at the best 5 star or not I will be getting pizza ....

Most of the better hoels haven't had an issue so far.

Still haven't gone there yet jason! NExt year

6. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wrong or right only depends on whether the market will support.

Until, however, the market there becomes less dependent on timeshare, the developers of would-be enclaves for the rich and famous won't significantly impact Walmart, the habits of the folks that patronize Walmart, or the majority of the culture that has created and is still responsible for supporting what we know of as Cancun.

Now it's possible that the Grand Coral Beach, which is the resort that was first asked about here and IS very much a timeshare resort, might like to emulate the ME and it's practices, but as I mentioned earlier - that would be a failed strategy. The idea that you would sell me a kitchenette and then tell me that I can't use it would be insufficiently consistent to warrant any expectation of success.

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "...the Grand Coral Beach, which is the resort that was first asked about here and IS very much a timeshare resort..."

????????????????????????????????????????????????

8. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ooops, was thinking about the Hilton or Hyatt or whatver that's up the street with a similar name.

Mike - it appears that if you want to get your water at Walmart, you may have picked one of the 3 or 4 places in Cancun where that wouldn't be politically correct.

9. mikeh375

mikeh375 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I firmly believe that the words politically correct translate to brain dead. :)

10. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As much as I don't personally like the direction of the experiment it represents, it's no different than gated communities you see springing up around Las Vegas. If there's a market to be served, you have to wish them well, as it will add to the viability, the utility, and even to some extent the diversity of the community.

If they do well, it's possible that you could more easily see folks like Cheryl Crowe and former President Zedillo casually stolling the streets of Cancun, whereas without such places, that might not happen as easily, and as little as I care about Cheryl Crowe and former President Zedillo in particular, I suspect the places they and other such celebrities frequent probably benefit in more ways than the little bit we have to give up by choosing not to reside in the same building as they when on vacation.

That being said - it appears that you DID pick the wrong hotel.

Make the best of it, have fun, and volunteer to take the service elevator when hauling bags from WalMart and pizzas from Dominos and chances are everything will be OK.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice