No More Referral Black Bands??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chanell, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Sounds like that aligns with what @Len from the Floor is sharing. It all depends on the member you are getting the referral from and what is in their contract. They are not changing the rules for the older contracts... possibly. Time will tell.

2. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    That is great if it turns out to be true. But many of the Posters on FB appear to be on referral from long time members and that has not been the case for them. But I realize FB is FB and that often the nuances got lost for a whole variety of reasons. And...perhaps all the noise has had an impact and they have reconsidered??? You will clearly know more by Friday and I'll know more by Sunday (when I arrive) or Monday (when my Referrals arrive).

What is must frustrating is the lack of any official communication from Premier who could easily let us know what is and isn't happening.

3. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    Interesting, I got the non-answer answer…

"At this moment we don’t have the official notification from management but once we receive it we will let you know."

All I seriously need to know is if I need to bring a bottle of Jack Daniels from the airport, I could give a shit less about everything else. In all reality, even with the referral as almost everyone has stated, it cheaper to bundle with Travelocity or any other vacation site. Hell we have even booked directly with the resort a few times before cheaper than the $250 / $125pp. At this point its $30 for a liter and I'll be golden.

Case closed! Now we won't need to waste our vacation time listening to their presentation so our friends get their benefit that seems to have been now also been removed.

4. Rickpa

Rickpa Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0
    I sent an e-mail yesterday to to Member Services Supervisor about all this confusion and today I got an email back where They are telling me there is not an official word yet about it and that they will notify me about any changes inmediately. But so far nothing

5. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,127 / 2
    Sounds like it’ll be a gold band and not black going forward. That means some member benefits but not all...I didn’t ask what the specific benefits would be. I believe that if you’re booked under a referral already, you’ll receive a black band. We did.

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    The communication seems bad from Management out to Guests.

I do have to tell y'all though... I was getting tired of all the riff-raff hanging out at my Members Bar.

I AM just kidding. But as stated above, the secondary market thing for Referrals has sort of become a monster of its own. I noted that Management at Original wanted to pull back on the Referrals a few years ago when we did an upgrade to get the BIG discount at DRM. We had four referrals/year in our original contract. Finished up, and more fool me for not reading the entire thing again, but the saleslady at DRM (the one with the English accent) had just written in 2 referrals and marked out the 4. I remember her saying it during the run-down, but didn't snap to it as she'd distracted me with this statement, "Since you're moving your membership to Desire Riviera Maya, you don't need the Yacht use anymore, right? We have the catamaran here."

Knocked me right out of my seat with a, "Hell, no... don't be taking that."

7. T&D PA

T&D PA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 1

8. T&D PA

T&D PA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 1
    This is the email I got today

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We got the same email today:

Thank you for your kindly email.

We don’t have an official information at this moment. The Premier benefits remain as the same.

Best regards,

DANTE TREVIÑO
    Supervisor de Servicio a Socios
    Member Services Supervisor

10. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    Interesting same person so maybe I'll get something different tomorrow

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice