No More Referral Black Bands??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chanell, Jun 10, 2019.

1. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    I agree. I am not surprised and honestly, I cannot blame them. I just wish they went about it in a better way. I am leaving in 4 days and now I am hit with the fact I will not be able to hang in the same areas as my friends. Also, if I were a member I would be really upset knowing I would not be able to get rid of any Referrals being there is no incentive anymore. I know many people who use the referral money to pay their dues.

2. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Definitely can understand that. Maybe have your friends just have their butler save seats next to the pool instead of the members deck. That way you can hang out.

3. Chanell

Chanell Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    i hope so...fingers crossed

4. Chanell

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    exactly...I'm wondering when are they going to respond...

5. Chanell

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    me too...I don't want to get there and be surprised. Just tell us what the rules are so we know what to expect.

6. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    Like many people, we have had this trip booked for a long time (8 months). So to find this out on a FB post 4 days before we arrive sucks. I am trying to be positive and remind myself we're still going to have a blast!! I am just a planner and I do not like last minute changes lol

7. FinsToTheLeft

FinsToTheLeft Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    We will be there on referral in 3 days, booked last fall when everything looked great. Very disappointed to hear all these rumors. I have a contact I have been emailing back and forth at premier that has been quick to respond, I will reach out to him and report back here if he clears anything up.

8. Al_n_Kristie

Al_n_Kristie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +713 / 1
    That really sucks. We arrive in 5 days. We’re not on a referral, but we will help you drink your worries away!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    Seems like a lot of us just found out and will be arriving within a few days... I have an email out to premier and did receive a response but no answer yet. We arrive Friday, my main concern is do I make the stop at the Liquor Store in the airport to pick up a bottle or wait to get "Surprised" when we get there. TBH we're are there on a referral, never done it before and it always seemed odd that we'd get all the benefits of the members without paying in. But it is what it is.
    We know that our friends won't be snoozing it up in the VIP without us...

10. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    So does the resort no longer expect referred people to attend the membership spiel if the resort is not attaching member benefits to the stay? Wondering if I can use that as a bargaining chip, e.g., "I'll spend 2 hours of my vacay in a membership presentation if you give me x, y and z". Would be interested in hearing what people's experience is with that over the next couple of weeks.

It used to be that you had to stay in the presentation for a minimum of 90 minutes in order for your referring member to get his referral fee. If there is no longer a referral fee being paid, why would you have to stay any particular length of time? I would make a clear deal at the outset that in exchange whatever I bargain for, I only have to stay at the meeting for "x" number of minutes. You don't want to get stuck there for 3 hours unless you decide you actually are interested in hammering out a membership deal.

Just thinking out loud here. Things that make you go "hmmmm…." :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice