Nice Shoes Music Selection

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JanScott, Apr 15, 2008.

1. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Hi All,

After reading the complaints about the DJ's selections at Nice Shoes and how people leave because the music sucks, I was thinking about burning a CD (or 2) to give to him when we get there.

First of all, do you think he'll use it?

Secondly, got any ideas? Please, please don't suggest too much country music...I don't have a lot of that!

Thanks,
    Janice

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    He's kinda locked into a playlist that they give him for the first hour or so but he can mix it up after that. He usually does so I'm at a loss as to the recent complaints.

Jamie

3. Bearcat

Bearcat Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FOR SURE! Bring some, what could it hurt? I personally love to dance the night away so just make a great mix. I think with all the age groups it would be fun to grab a few songs from each era!

4. JanScott

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Sorry Jamie, I kinda hijacked a trip report from Jimmee & Kimmee...apparently the music sucked when they were there...I've gotta agree. Other than when he played latino music, the selection was pretty poor when we were there last August.

That I can do...I have big band era (some done by Michael Bublé and Harry Connick Jr., but I also have some great Ella) right up to today's music...I'm a bit of a music freak and what I don't have, my daughter should have (she's an even bigger music freak). I promise I won't do any opera or classical though :lol:

5. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We aren't gonna be there when you are - we've got a whole 4 months to go yet :cry: - but if he plays it and youre happy to leave it - a little HOUSE MUSIC would be my request pretty purlease. I'm like you - I listen to all sorts but I like to shake my booty (and believe me - theres plently booty to shake!!!) but not to the same music every night!!!

I think its a fab idea cuz the music did my head in (just a little) on both our trips - hope it works and have a good trip!
    xxxxx

6. JanScott

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Thanks Max...I know just what you mean, hence the plan to bring some new music for our disc spinner. You want house music, you got it, Baby!!! But remember, it is going to be a real mixture of genres.

I had fully intended on leaving it so that those who come later can enjoy as well!!! I hope he goes for it!

Cheers,
    Janice

7. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YAY - thanks Janice
    xxxxx

8. jerry's jules

jerry's jules Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it's a great idea! Seriously, when we were there two weeks ago, one minute everyone would be up dancing then the very next song, he'd play something weird and everyone jumps off the dance floor. Just a strange variety, we thought. :roll:

9. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bee Gee's
    Bee Gee's
    Bee Gee's

10. JanScott

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    hey Jerry & Julie,

That's what we thought last August when we were there. I just hope he goes for it. So far between my daughter's music collection and our own, I'm probably going to be burning about 50 CDs...not sure if their system can handle MP3 format, which I could fit on just a couple of CDs, so I'll be burning in CD format and you can only fit about 15 songs (tops) on one CD in that format...should be interesting! I'll also burn the MP3 format, just in case!

Cheers,
    Janice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice