NH Krystal Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by GONZO, Feb 13, 2009.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone recently stayed here on my reservations it has a construction notice..... I have never been here how is it? Sounds like a small beach but looks like a big pool/patio area. We are only here for 2 nights, but just curious. I looked in the hotel section but its all a little outdated last post was last June.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    35 views and no replies????

Someone has to have stayed here recently, right????

Thanks in advance again.

3. LemonHead

LemonHead Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Old property. One of the oldest. But one of the best locations. In the heart of it all at the bend of the "seven".

Last I was there was the early '00. Didn't stay there, just stopped by to enjoy the pool, cevice(sp) and , yes, the beach. It was small and nothing special except for the view. Straight down the long arm of the seven. Quite nice.

If you're staying there I would certainly try to upgrade to the "club" level and get a room in the middle of the hotel that's ocean facing. No patio but a huge sliding window that makes your room the patio/balcony.

Any way it goes, enjoy1

4. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Lemonhead.

We are also supposed to get a 100 dollar credit and we are only staying 2 days at 130.00 a night. Is this a 100 dollars if we sit through a time share pitch or does anyone think it is just a room credit?? Hard to believe they would give us a 100 dollars for only paying 260 for our stay.

5. sharibaby67

sharibaby67 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go to tripadvisor.com and plug in the name. You can look at the travelers photos and read recent reviews. I use this site to check out any place I am staying and the reviews are right on the mark.

6. CroBar

CroBar Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what I understand, the Krystal has built a new "Club Tower" - I don't know if it replaced the building which housed the timeshare rooms or if they shoehorned it somewhere else on the property. This new tower supposedly opens today, according to someone on another forum. I am curious about this myself, as I will be there on the 24th. Perhaps a Cancun resident knows...

7. pjscardz

pjscardz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm booked in the new club tower for July - it did just open. I would say $160 for 2 nights is about right. I am booked all-inclusive for about $150 per night.

The location of the new tower is just to the right of the small building on the southern end of the property that is facing towards the Hyatt (north). It faces straight out to the ocean. The resort itself was updated in 2007. I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

The location is perfect especially if you are only there for 2 nights.

8. LemonHead

LemonHead Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry for a late reply. I hope you haven't gone yet.

DO NOT! sit through a time share shark presentation unless you already know you want to buy one. And then STILL DON'T DO IT!

They will pull every trick in the book to hold you hostage for way longer then you had planned and give you a hard sell enema that will leave your a$$ bleeding money for years. Can I be anymore clear!?!

Just give them a firm, yet polite "No thanks" and keep walking if you are approached by these people anywhere in Cancun. And keep in mind "There is no free lunch".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice