Next question lol Playpens??

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jen***, Mar 14, 2009.

1. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never seen them! You know what I mean, a play pen where I can leave Alex to play (when he is able to sit up) and he won't be in danger of sticking his fingers in electric sockets etc.
    Do they exist here? I've seen one design only in Sears and it's like $3000 pesos! Hello, I'll buld one for half that price!

2. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you try Wal Mart in the babies section? What about Telebodega?

3. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Walmart has some small Pack' N Plays with added features I didn't check out...seems like a top for diaper changing, etc. Didn't check the price.

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The ones in Walmart (and everywhere else I have looked) - I thought they were travel cots. Or am I being really dense? I thought play pens were much smaller and folded up smaller too.

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope, those are play pens. Soft sides, collapsible, some with the insert for when they are tiny. We got ours at Mamma Mia, at the time they had the best price. (Sadly it's gone, otherwise we would have totally hooked you up!)

6. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    playpens

Jen***,

If you do an internet search for Graco Playpens, you'll see they are all fairly small...about 1 meter by 1.5 meters (I'm not good with guessing dimensions, btw). Anyway, I saw one at Chedraui at Plaza Las Americas yesterday and it was around $1,000 pesos. Not a bad price from what I can tell after seeing the prices in USD when I did a quick Google search for playpens.

I hope you find something lovely for little Alex!

7. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have 3 grandkids and believe you me we are experts at playpens. Sears (In Plaza las Americas) or Liverpool (Also there) have a great selection.
    We were thinking of starting a "Second hand" store but we don't have the space.

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks folks I'll look again then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice