Newbies To Ttr-traveling July 8-13; Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 2Puck, Mar 7, 2020.

1. 2Puck

2Puck Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    We are excited about this trip and have been reading lots of helpful information. We may be in our 40's, but we still love to party and have fun! We would love to hear any recommendations; things we absolutely need to bring or prepare for a great vacation. We know about the theme nights and that sounds like a blast; any additional input would be good! We are social people (not lifestyle) that just like to have lots of drinks and have fun.

2. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Some same dates as us. Look forward to laughs and drinks around the sexy pool.

Avoid the day 1 curse of too many sugary drinks/shooters after arriving dehydrated after flight(s). Have 1 water for each liquor drink. Have an early nap because if you nap after dinner we may might not see on your first night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Copied from another member

Ok so here's a list: 1. Go to Mexico Tourist Card and fill out the electronic immigration forms. 2. Book a transfer from the airport to the hotel round trip. Lots of options. 3. Get a bath mat so you don't fall. 4. Bring post it notes for the closets so you can find stuff without opening the wrong one 12 times. 5. Get either No Hang or Kure as a hangover prevention. Kure has worked great for us. 6. Get a Bubba Mug or some drink holder with a cover. Pool water in your drink is no bueno. 7. At least once, do breakfast at Sea Flirt. It's a welcome change. 8. Say no thank you to the sales presentation and then when you get to your room, take the phone off the hook. 9. Depending on when you arrive, your room may not be ready. If before 3pm, have you suit bottoms easily accessible, check your bags, and head to the pool. 10. EAT AS SOON AS YOU GET THERE!! First Day Curse is real and you don't want to miss out a day with too much alcohol after having traveled all day. 11. If not interested in doing anything, or need a break from the sexy pool, go to the quiet pool. You also should not feel forced into anything at all. Any other questions, feel free to ask. Have fun and welcome to the addiction!
    12. Some people like to bring hooks on small suction cups to hang out jewelry or dry suits. When we go in June, we have day and night themes. We put them in large ziplock bags to identify which day and theme. Saves time and space.
    13. Bring some small bills in USD for tips for the bartenders and wait staff. $5 goes a long way!!
    14. Men will need to wear pants and at times, closed toe shoes when going to dinner. Bring a few pairs and nice dress shoes. I'm sure your SO will appreciate a one on one dinner date.

4. BnK

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Needs a bit of an update and some extra advice.
    # 2 USA Transfers is a company with a great reputation and I believe are still the hotels preferred ground transport company.

# 7 no longer an option for regular guests as it’s now a members breakfast only, I believe.

# 8 Find our about what you can negotiate for before saying no the sales presentation. Many folks get some nice perks by attending and some people find value and become members. If booked as a referral you have made a commitment to attend. Consider saying yes on checkin to booing a time on Day 3 and then ask around. Cancel if you wish but watch if they have asked for a deposit. Don’t lose your deposit.

#9 If arriving early have the bellhops hood your bags for the day and take your carryon and ask to shower and get cleaned up in the Spa. it will be free to just get clean and pool ready.

#13 please bring Pesos so staff don’t have to lose on exchange rates and get stuck with damaged bills. Pesos are plastic and pool friendly.

Have lunch on the tower rooftop and at least once enjoy the hot tub up there between 4:30 and 6 when they close. It’s awesome. Get some pics up there too. Sunset lighting is fantastic.

5. 2Puck

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for; thank you! I had read that the cabinets were confusing and that the shower entrances were a challenge! Definitely going to bring yeti's, sticky notes, peso, couple command strips too. Good to know that my hubby needs to bring closed-toe shoes for some restaurants.
    Are there casual dinner spots that shorts are okay for men? Hubby is not a foodie or fan of long pants, lol.
    I wonder if we should make reservations for some restaurants early?

We (I, lol) love to dance and love dressing up, so this is one of the things that attracted us to this resort. We looks forward to this carefree, fun trip!! Hope to meet people in the roll call!

6. 2Puck

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Great suggestion!! I hope they have topo chico! I use that to stay hydrated with my vodka. I would hate to loose a day from being snockered day 1!

7. BnK

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    There are dinner options for me without long pants - buffet for sure.

Don’t think you can really reserve before your travel and usually its best done day of reservation or at most 1 day prior. Be flexible and there is lots of time. Entertainment starts are 9:30 / 10:00 and Dancing about 11. Party goes until 3am.

You can message on people’s wall in your roll call to reach out and say hi. No one takes offense.

Add a profile pic for best chance to have folks reply and engage.

8. 2Puck

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Thanks so much for the advice. We have uploaded a Halloween pic! All our fun beach pics are too old, lol.

9. Boilercpl

Boilercpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 1
    Definitely fill out you immigration papers ahead of time on line. It'll save you a lot of hassle on the plane. Don't worry about getting that perfect chair by the pool because you will be in the water most of the time. It gets hot in July which is why we go!!!! We arrive July 11th by then you two will be TTR experts. Don't forget to eat when you arrive. I know it sucks when you have to stop the party, but over-doing it on day one is easy to do (past experience)!

10. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Leave your inhibitions at home, pack your naughty party selves, prepare for fun wild days, making so many friends and staying up late (go into training now !). Check your theme and party dresses and bikini's... choose only the wildest.. then put 'em back in the wardrobe and pack some that you would never be seen dead in (cos you will, believe us LOL) and push your boundaries, make friends with everyone. Book a Boob Cruise, if your prepared to "Up" the experience (can be much wilder than TTR)… and then relax, chill and enjoy your vacation..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice