Newbie Trip Report - 7/31-08/05

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Joanna&Tony, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Joanna&Tony

Joanna&Tony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    As we sit on our flight home :( I decided this would be a good time to type up a trip report. As newbies, we found reading other trip reports helped us to prepare for our first stay at TTR. I will do my best with remembering all the days, but some days were definitely fuzzier than others. I hope it's not boring and I am sorry if I forgot people we met. I am terrible with names too! Our trip was originally only going to be a weekend trip but after reading some of the posts on cancuncare we quickly realized there is no way that would be a long enough trip to truly get the "adult spring break" experience. We were finally able to work out going for 5 nights.

We took off Friday morning and made the nearly 2 hour drive from Columbus, Ohio to the Cleveland airport. The drive didn't seem so bad there, but as we sit here on the plane and think about the dreadful drive home that we will be making after midnight, I regret not booking airline tickets in our hometown. Mistake number one just to save a buck. I will never make that one again. We immediately headed straight to the Quaker steak bar in the airport and proceeded to down a few. The flight was fairly uneventful. We had a few drinks, brief connection in Atlanta, more drinks, and then landed around 7:30 in Cancun!

We had been in Cancun a little over two years ago and we were fully aware of the vultures near the airport exit. We were victims of them on our first trip but I vowed to not make that mistake this time. I stayed about 10 feet in front of my husband on the way out and not one person tried to stop me. I think they focus on couples. Once outside we searched for USA Transfers. We passed them and went almost to the end of the van line. They were actually located straight out of the door to the right a bit along the curb. The guy told us it would just be a couple minutes and directed us to the outdoor bar. We grabbed two bud lights and by the time we turned around it was time to head out. Our driver was super nice and I think I asked him a million questions. Probably because I had a little bit of a buzz going on. The last time we were in Cancun we took that dumb transfer that goes to a million hotels and takes a couple hours. USA Transfers goes straight to the hotel and I want to say it only took like 20 minutes. I would definitely recommend using them. We tipped the driver and headed inside the hotel.

The lady at the front desk wasn't too friendly and looked like she wanted to be somewhere else. They also only offered us some shitty beer to drink. We were a little disappointed with the welcome but I think it was because we were so spoiled staying at such a nice resort our last time in Cancun. But we were also bored so you take the good with the bad at both places. We booked a cheap room on Alphrooms (I would also highly recommend) in the hopes of just paying for an upgrade when we arrived after seeing the rooms. My husband asked if we could see the rooms and she said no there were only 2 rooms available. One faced the street and the other faced the garden. We chose the garden room which was located in the 5000's. After reading room section reviews on here I figured that would be a safe bet. Our room number was 5222. The air conditioner in the room worked great. We had no issues. In fact at one point we had to turn the temperature up because it could easily make the room cold. I was worried about the musty smell everyone talks about but our room had no bad smell. Does it need to be updated? Yes. The tile in the shower is all scratched up. Some of the floor was chipped. There is obvious wear and tear on the walls. The handle on a drawer was falling off, and the fridge only kind of closed. Big whoop. We really didn't care about the room too much. We came to enjoy the pool and the bars. The deck outside was a little small but it was set back a little for more privacy. We thought it looked like a great place to have some fun but we never made it out there. The bed was always closer :) Overall we were satisfied with the room. We then opened our luggage to find that the locks had been ripped off and our luggage was damaged. When we opened our luggage all of our stuff had been gone through, our toiletries bags and makeup bags were unzipped. It was a disaster. My husbands cologne was missing. There wasn't a note from TSA and we had TSA approved locks on them so we can only assume an employee had decided to try and find some goodies. I am so glad we had all of our valuable stuff with us in our carry-on. We were irritated about it but we were to anxious to go grab a drink and enjoy white night at PatyOs.

We hurried up and changed and headed down. The one thing that does suck about getting to the resort at night if you have never been there is that you don't know where shit is. They give you a map but there is nothing like looking at a map in the dark. There seemed to be a thousand walking paths. We finally found the place and there were a lot of people already drinking it up and having a good time. We walked around the bar a bit and I was starting to regret our decision to come to the resort. I thought people would be extremely friendly and welcoming but we felt like we were out of the loop. It almost felt like being in a high school lunch room when you are the new kid. Obviously everyone already had their groups and didn't seem too willing to talk to random people. I can be a little shy at first so I was just hoping someone would say hi and we wouldn't have to just go back to the room bored and sober. I later found out that the sexy pool is the best place to meet people. My initial reaction and feeling really only lasted about 5 or 10 minutes. I just must have zero patience. My husband went to grab a drink at the bar and left me standing among the strangers. I looked over and saw this blonde and her husband sitting at one of the high top tables. I thought I recognized them and assumed it was from either cancuncare or the cancuncare Facebook. I told them that they looked miserable. Apparently they had gone on the Boobs Cruise that day and were exhausted. We chatted with them for a while and hung out with them the duration of our trip. Kelly and chad we had a blast with you guys! The alcohol started to flow through me and soon enough I was ready to dance. That is all I wanted to do on this trip. There were a few people dancing but it started to pick up soon enough. I had a great time dancing with Brad and Elaine. You both are a trip, wild and crazy, and we enjoyed meeting you too. My husband never dances but he must have been getting drunk quick because he was out there shaking his ass. I have to say that we were having a great time and we were already enjoying this much needed vacation. Before we came I assumed I would keep my top on at least for most the trip and I would always stay fully covered. That night I knew I was doomed when I started pulling up my dress to shake and show my ass. At least I had a thing on or I would have been giving a different kind of view. A couple hours later my husband went to sit down at a table. I asked if he was okay and he said yes. I went to go dance again, a few minutes later I look over and he is slowly dropping down in his seat. I concluded it was time to walk his drunk as back to room. Ugh it was a long walk! I thought for sure he was going to pass out immediately. That resort must do something to him because he got a second wind as soon as we hit the room and I didn't get to sleep for a couple hours. We finally went to bed and I woke up around 7:00 the next morning hearing these stupid birds that sounded like a screaming baby. That happened every morning and I was up everyday between 7-8 and could never go back to sleep.

Day 2 to be continued.....

2. JimKel

JimKel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Great starting report of your trip! Keep up the detail and we are looking for more. Glad you relaxed and started meeting people. Only 111 days till our 3rd trip.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Nice report so far..also Atlanta is the worst when it comes to luggage handlers with sticky fingers. I avoid connections there like the plague

4. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Thanks for the info about the birds!! I'll be SURE to pack some ear plugs!! This is the first year in forever that we haven't had a mockingbird outside our bedroom window here at home. I feel like the girl in the movie "Failure to Launch" with Kate Hudson and Matthew McC...(sp) where she buys the gun to kill it and then is remorseful when she does...lol

Can't wait to read about the rest!!

D

5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Sound like a poor start is revving up

6. Joanna&Tony

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    Day 2....
    So after the loud birds woke me up I was ready to start the day and get to the sexy pool. I was excited to see what all the hype was about. I woke my husband up and we went down to walk the grounds. The pools weren't open yet so we ventured over to the breakfast buffet. (I forgot to include that we ate at the dinner buffet before getting ready to go out the first night. The food is TERRIBLE. I was so disappointed. I think they had mashed potatoes that tasted okay but I told my husband we would never come back to the dinner buffet). So I was a little worried about the breakfast buffet. I filled up my plate and immediately asked for a cup of coffee. I do not function until I have a cup of coffee. The coffee is terrible. I drank it every morning but it is hard to get down. The eggs were okay. My husband took a bite of his sausage and then put it down. He told me not to go near it. He said he didn't know what the hell it really was. I knew it must be bad because that man eats everything. The hash browns tasted like paper. There were a couple good things there. We didn't even see the omelette bar until the next morning. The omelette bar is the best thing they have going. Breakfast was quick and we went to get towels and find seats. A lot of the chairs already had towels on them so we had to find chairs on the opposite side of the pool bar. We knew that the bar was where we would be all day so I didn't like our bag being so far away. Nobody touched it though. By the next day I didn't even care about that anymore. We walked through the pool to the swim up bar and realized we forgot our mugs. Of course I sent my husband to go retrieve them since he wore me out too much the night before. The pool water felt too good to get out. Yes August is hot. Yes the water is like a warm bath. But we are from Ohio where the pools seem to always be freezing so we loved how warm it was but I know a lot of people complained about it. If you don't like warm pools then don't go in August. Anyways...I had the 20 oz bubba mug which was the perfect size and my husband had the 32 oz which he thought was perfect for him. We decorated them with stickers at home. We thought they were fun and looked cute. They were definitely conversation starters.

While my husband was walking back I heard someone say his name. My first reaction was great, who do we know from home that is here. Then I saw some random guy walking towards me and said my name. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who it was. I then remembered seeing him comment on the cancuncare Facebook page. I will say that if you are new, make as many contacts on this site with people going at the same time. You will see these people and can open with.... Don't I know you from cancuncare? We stood in the pool and talked with Harrison and his wife Cathy for a while. They are members and have been something like 10 times so it was nice to get the insider information on the resort. We chatted with them for the duration of our trip, they were a great couple. It was also nice for my husband to talk to someone else about cars and motorcycles. It's like a foreign language when he talks to me about them. I ended up getting a screwdriver at the bar but I have to say the oj is hit or miss there. Okay no actually it is nasty. (On that note the champagne sucks there too so avoid the mimosa at all cost. I couldn't even force that drink down my throat). And the oj was so sweet I could only get two mugs worth before I couldn't drink it anymore. I tried many drinks but towards the last couple days I ended up sticking with captain and coke. There are only so many sweet drinks you can have.

As the day went on we ran into chad and kelly again. We met a couple of great people, one couple was Mariah and Doug. Later that night I talked to Mariah again and I think I asked her the exact same questions I did at the pool because the answers sounded familiar. I just hoped she didn't notice how terrible of a drunken listener I was that day at the pool. We also met Joy and John Paul. Joy you had me laughing so hard the couple days we hung out with you. My abs hurt I had laughed so much. Joy is just one ball of energy and definitely got the group going. I remember shots, drinks, dancing in the pool, Kelly needing to leave a little early because she drank too much, a little alone time with the hubby in one of the tub areas in the pool (or at least we pretended nobody else was at the pool, I am sure we had some kind of audience). Everything kind of blurred together. We headed back to the room for a nap. I cannot stress this enough TAKE A NAP DURING THE DAY!!! The couple days we didn't take naps my husband turned in early or looked miserable at the bar late and I had a tough time rallying.

We got up, got ready and headed to Bellavista for dinner. The food was good just not great. My chicken was dry but considering it is a seafood restaurant I probably shouldn't have gotten chicken. My husband really liked his meal. I did like the ambiance of the place. We then headed over to the sports bar and played pool for a bit. I loved that bar. It was quiet, great bartender, and I was actually beating my husband in pool for once. We ended up here a few more times before our trip was over. We decided to walk around a bit and heard music coming from the sports pool. They had set up a huge stage and walkways and had a guy singing with another guy playing keyboard. We thought it was some dude doing karaoke. My husband wondered if the main act cancelled and this was their b squad. We stood there for a few minutes but decided it wasn't good. Later on we found out that the resort puts on a great show with fire and we totally missed out on that one. We decided to head back to the room and get ready for PatyOs. It was red night. I had the hardest time finding a red dress I liked. I ended up finding a little red nighty lingerie type thing that resembled a dress. Worked for me and my husband. The rest of the night was just drinking and dancing. We met another crazy couple, Jamie and JD.

A big group of us at PatyOs had decided a dip in the pool sounded like a great idea so we headed over to the sports pool to party. The security guard was hitting that pool hard that night. I assume because of the stage and equipment set up. One of our group members jumped in, no clothes and the security guard was quick to tell her to put something on. With no panties, what is one to do? My husband, like a ninja in the night, whipped out of his shirt pocket a red thong. Crisis averted. He doesn't usually keep women's underwear in his pocket but he did that night since he needed a hint of red to go with his black shirt for red night. The red thongs came with my outfit but they were way too big to wear. I think at one point Brad modeled them for the group. As we started to behave ourselves the security guard would begin to disappear for longer time periods. Somebody dared the girls to get on the stage catwalk naked. I've never been one to turn down a dare. Security guard was out of site so I hopped up there. Two more girls proceeded to join me to model our birthday suits. After getting back into the water we thought it was now the guys turn to give us a show. Not that us girls are particular fond of watching men show their junk but nothing gets a party started more than some helicopter action. Come on...you know that is great entertainment. Sadly the guys refused. My husband pointed out that once the girls got up there we lost all negotiating power. Damn! I won't speak of the things going on at the pool because I believe what happens at the sports pool after midnight, stays at the sports pool! (And by the way if you are a single guy, do not come to the pool after dark breaking your neck with your mouth open trying to get free shows. Turn on your tv in the rooms for that. You look like a creeper. If you are a couple that is a different story and you can stay lol.) After some more debauchery we all got out to put on some wet clothes or at least wet undergarments. Jamie did notice before we left one of the security guards holding something that resembled a dildo. My husband decided to investigate and after a little observation he concluded it was a very large one with balls on the bottom. That security guard was going to town stroking his large fake penis. Probably one of the funniest things we saw. We then left, very wet to go get burgers from PatyOs. They are not great but after drinking they taste like heaven. After looking like wet hot messes at the bar we stumbled back to our room ready to do it all again the next day.

Day 3 to be continued.....

7. bneintexas

bneintexas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0

Joanna, I was wondering whose red thong that was. To my surprise when I got home and unpacked, the red thong once again appeared. It might even make it into the scrapbook...lol Great report... and thanks for the great times!!!!

8. bneintexas

bneintexas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    [​IMG]

Do these look familiar?

9. Joanna&Tony

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    Yes! The infamous red thong. They fit you quite well. Lol

10. CCostanzo951

CCostanzo951 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Great report we had a blast with everyone mentioned in the report and we are already looking to book the next trip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice