Newbie review (June 6-11) (Sort of long)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Todd&Jen, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Todd&Jen

Todd&Jen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey guys. After having a few days to recover and review our thoughts from our experience at TTR, I thought I would type up a short review of our first time at TTR. Your comments and thoughts are welcome!!!

1) Don't do like us, and wait till the day or so before you leave to make lots of friends. It took us a few days before we started to get the courage up to talk to and interact with other couples. Now we have some friends for life.

2) Use your Bubba Mugs. We probably waited too long to start doing that as well. Honestly, I felt a little weird asking them to fill up the 52 oz mug, but hey, I tip, so I shouldn't feel weird doing that!

3) Enjoy the activities of the resort. Participate in the poolside fun. Jen was in the women's arm wrestling event and helped out in other male events. She also did the pole dancing class. I was in jenga and had to be a captain in the "Anything goes" at nice shoes bar. In other words, don't be a stick in the mud or be too shy to participate. You make memories doing this stuff.

4) Pace yourself with the alcohol. Enough said on that one! :)

5) Channel 12 and 14 really really really improved our bed time!

6) Absolutely loved most of the staff (especially J.J.). His personality is awesome.

7) The restaurants were very good. Enjoyed the Mexcian restaurant the most. We only had one negative server experience, but that was just because he was really slow in getting back to the table bc a group with the bachelorette party showed up. Hey, I understand, just bring me my margarita. :)

8) If you want good local food, then I suggest walking across the road and go left for about 200 yards. They have quesadillas there for like 1.50$.

9) If you go off of the resort, IE, to Isle Mujeras (sp), then get pesos. You will get hosed with just U.S. dollars.

10) USE U.S.A transfers as your shuttle service. Absolutely loved our experience with them and VERY reasonable prices.

11) I so wish we could have went on a Boobs Cruise. Heard so many great stories from people who went.

12) The workout facilities, according to Jen, were awesome.

13) We stayed in 5531. We never had an issue with noise. We absolutely loved the two headed shower. Only issue we had with the room was that the AC was not very cool.

14) A con or two: I wish the sexy pool was a little cooler. I wish there were more events to do around the poolside when the staff was not leading them. Ie, beer pong or other drinking games. Just would like more games to create interaction among people to break up some of the "cliquish" groups. I did not like how the staff went off resort at night to take the party elsewhere. We enjoyed partying at Paty O's till late.

We are so ready to go back. Definitely will do whatever we can to make it back as soon as possible.

2. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Glad you had a great time! We always do too. Will be back there in 28 days!!

Uh-oh....you used the "c" word...."cliquish". Thats been discussed on here many times. Those that are in cliquish groups say it doesnt exist, and those who arent say it does! lol:D

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the review, always nice to hear first timers impressions. Good to hear you enjoyed your trip.

4. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    :aktion033:Nice TR....Sounds like repeaters have been born. Welcome to the addiction. Thanks for sharing!!

5. alikchi

alikchi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I replied with my own lengthy review agreeing with and adding to yours, but I see it's been deleted. Interesting censorship. Was that your doing, Steve? Why would my opinion be censored?

6. alikchi

alikchi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Btw, when I was staying at Desire pearl, one of the employees had some negative things to say about you, Steve, and so did one at guest services at TTR, but I strongly defended you and have been supportive of what you've done for all of us.

7. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
  8. alikchi

alikchi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Let get this back on track shall we... Thanks for the TR guys! Great and interesting perspectives/views. Nice to hear about the local food in walking distance too!

10. Todd&Jen

Todd&Jen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yeah, that got off topic quick. :)

Thanks for the comments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice