Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by janda999, Jul 30, 2018.

1. janda999

janda999 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, my wife and I have decided to visit a clothing optional resort for the first time and after looking at many options we’ve narrowed it down to rm or pearl. I think rm will fit us better but I’d like to be sure before booking. We’re in our mid 30’s and like a fun party atmosphere during the day. We’re not in th lifestyle but the idea of being around provocative activities is exciting for both of us. After reading some reviews my main concern is there isn’t much of a party atmosphere during the day at rm. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also, I’ve read that rm is a younger crown and more “outgoing” than pearl. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    My understanding is the days are pretty chill at the Desire Resorts.The parties are late afternoon on.

RM is generally a younger crowd than Pearl, but mid thirties is still towards the younger end of the spectrum.

3. ckallday

ckallday Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    We've only been to Pearl. During the day, most people are recovering, mingling and day-drinking. Typical day for us was to wake around 10, go to the gym, get brunch then back to the room for a nap. Head to pool around 1 or 2 and mingle. This mostly meant having drinks, talking to people at the bar or in the pool and watching the different events they have going on. Music is playing but not so loud you can't have a conversation, games are being played and it's really a great opportunity to meet new couples and set up your evening plans. It's certainly chill compared to a Vegas day club or college spring break but it's also what you make it as staying on the beach or the quiet pool was like staying at any other beach resort (except the nudity) whereas the party pool had a lot more going on. That's the thing with Desire, it's totally what you make of it.

As for age, at 39 we were on the younger end at Pearl the week we were there. Of course the age range varies depending who's there but for us there were maybe 5-7 couples under mid 40's with the majority seeming to be around 50 and only a few in their 30's. We've heard all sorts of "RM is younger" or "RM is more of a party" but our friends that have been to each 5+ times said it's completely dependent on who's there that week as these are small resorts. According to them, the biggest influence is that RM is 25% larger so you get more people and thus more of every age demographic and so it feels a bit more high energy.

Whatever way you go, you will have a great time!

4. RicknAmanda

RicknAmanda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    Were at RM in June. We’re both 30. Definitely younger on the spectrum. There’s a decent party during the day but it’s not a spring break frat party. If you’re not in the lifestyle I’d recommend having a good conversation with your spouse about your boundaries. They will be pushed. No does always mean no, but the Temptation and the opportunity for things will be there.

Id you’d like more info regarding our trip let us know.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2018
  5. janda999

janda999 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone so much for the great info!

6. ckallday

ckallday Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    Great point!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice