Newbie Questions!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by einsteinwv, Oct 4, 2008.

1. einsteinwv

einsteinwv Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    My names william and me and my fiance will be having our honeymoon at temptations the week of oct 19th, and I neither one of us have ever really traveled before. My first question is does the resort put a hold on our debit card when we check in if so does anyone remember how much? Or is there a cash deposit option we of course already paid for the trip.

Second is what is actually included in the scuba diving demonstration included with the resort?

And as a average most people who come to cancun for the week as a couple whats the average we can expect to spend?

Also what are the prices at the spa at the resort as a average?

Thanks so much in advance!!! We are looking foward to this so much Just two weeks away!

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    No need to give a credit card upon checkin. Meals and drinks are free, and not really anything you could charge to your room. You have to pay $3/day for the safe when you leave.

Not sure what the scuba includes.

How much you spend depends on how much you go out. Going to the clubs costs around $40/person, but does not include tips or a cab ride back. You could get by with a few tip dollars per day, or end up spending $100 or so each per day if you go outside the resort quite a bit.

I believe the spa prices are certainly no higher than what you would pay in the states.

3. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't ever been charged for the safe, I think they forgot when it was BBG and they did not even mention it as TTR

4. Mike and Mary

Mike and Mary Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If the scuba is still the same. They give you a tank and a few instructions and let you swim around in the sports pool. If you like it you can sign up to go on a 30 foot dive on the reef. When I did it was 80 bucks. Mike

5. crazy4cancun

crazy4cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We just got back 2 weeks ago, we also did not get charged extra for the safe.

Mike and Mary are correct on the scuba, we actually did do the course in the pool and then did two dives, 1st one was $88 USD, 2nd was $55 USD, they charge less on the 2nd one as you don't have to go through training on some of the open-water details you need to know to get by and enjoy the dives. It is really nice because you will go down in a group of 4 or less, so its almost like doing a private dive, and the reef area is fantastic.

Overall, we spent about an extra $700 on the trip, including the dives, and going on the booze cruise from the resort (would def. reccommend, lots of fun!, food at Carlos & Charlies just so-so, but you will be too drunk to care, anyway :) ), and we went to Coco Bongo with the resort as well, which was a blast!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice