New wrinkles at INM, Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wanted to share that I am a Residente Permanente as of about 10 days ago. Big thanks to Mauricio Mendoza E. because using my thought processes, I would have been declined. My FM2 renewal last year was 3 days late, making me an illegal until they issued a new one. But it broke the string of time served. Mauricio retired me from managing my apartments and I stopped renting them out. He applied under Rentista because my US pensions etc. total more than required. From April 18 to August 9 to get the card, but it's done! Woohoo. I immediately got a driver's license and will be applying for Seguro Popular and a bank account shortly. Mauricio sent his father-in-law with me on pick up day because he had to take his father to the oncologist, but all went well and he arrived for other business as we finished.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    That was quite a wait, I'm sure you're relieved to have finally gotten it done.

It seems I was under a misimpression, Zina, I thought you were in the status of Inmigrado, already (the old terminology for permanent residency).

You have been, and will be, busy! I guess this success has gotten you motivated to challenge some of the other bureaucratic hurdles around here. If you don't already have it, you could add an INAPAM card to your to do list, assuming you're at least 60 YOA.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Zina, I'll admit this assumption on my part was a reach, but it was based on the fact that, when we first met, you were in the status of FM2 Assimilado, which would have meant that you'd have been eligible for Inmigrado (what is now called permanent residency) after just two years.

5. elphmer

elphmer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Income /solvency requirements

Can any one tell me what the income, or proof of solvency requirements are for permanent residency. Single person. I completed my FM-2 in 2006 and have status as an Inmigrado, but have not applied for the residency card yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated I am going in to apply next week

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    If you are "inmigrado" then why would you apply for permanent residency? Inmigrado is permanent residency, under the former law.

It will be interesting to see what they tell you when you try to apply.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you have a red background on your foto? If so you are indeed a Perm Res already. It also will show no expiration date.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice