New webpage for Tigres baseball

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Aug 10, 2014.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres de Quintana Roo

The new website is beautiful, and easier to use if you're looking for current info.

The Tigres have won a place for themselves in the playoffs for the championship of the Mexican Baseball League again this year.

The last home game of the regular season will be played tonight at 6 PM.

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Playoffs begin

With a win last night in an away game, coupled with Puebla's loss in another game, the Tigres ended their regular season play in first place in the Southern Zone.

I'm told the playoffs start this weekend for the Tigres, in Cancun, with a game on Saturday and a game on Sunday. Ticket sales start on Friday morning.

3. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last night was a home game :)

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Now it's getting interesting for Tori, and other fans of Tigres' baseball, with the first playoff game tonight, at 7 PM.

The Tigres will face the Delfines of Ciudad del Carmen, who managed to win a sudden death elimination against the Guerreros of Oaxaca with two runs in the bottom of the ninth to win 4-3 last night.

Tickets are now on sale.

5. JnLStuck

JnLStuck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    Hi!
    We will be in Cancun in June and are putting together a group to go to a Tigres game on Saturday the 13th! We thinking about taking the bus from the hotel zone and walking from the stop nearest to Walmart to the stadium. I have a couple questions, if you don't mind?

1) What time do games typically start in June?

2) Is there any reason to feel that we shouldn't walk from Xcaret to the stadium?

3) Is there a short cut behind Walmart on Palenque to the stadium?

Any thoughts/advice welcomed and appreciated. Hope to see some expats at the game!

Joe and Lucinda

6. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    We would be interested in attending a game in May. Is there any info that is available in English?

7. JnLStuck

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    Go to the June Junkies 2015 planning forum. I just posted this morning a link tied to google translate. I've heard that it is a lot of fun! They say that beers are only 20 peso and the food is sold right in the seating area.....no need to stand in line! Come in June and we'll go with ya!!

Joe

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'll see what I can do!

1. M-F 8 PM; Sa 7 PM; Su 6 PM

2. None really. I believe the bus will drop you off on Av Coba on the way there, then you'll pick it up on Av Xcaret on the way home.

3. Yes, but the only one I'm familiar with involves crossing an unimproved, poorly lighted and rather large parking lot alongside the stadium territory. I've done it but wasn't completely comfortable with it. If you're part of a group that will help make it seem a little less daunting, especially if someone takes a flashlight along.

Another point, check with the bus driver how late the buses run so you won't miss the bus back.

9. JnLStuck

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    Thank you V! I appreciate the time and effort! Great information!

Joe

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tigres Beisbol (Tigers Baseball)

Hey Joe and Joe,

V and I go to most of the games. The times posted are correct, 8pm, M-F, 7pm, Sat and 6pm on Sun.

We prefer sitting in Section 4, behind home team, 3rd base dugout. in rows C-F, with seat numbers starting at 37 up to the other end of the row, seat 50.

They are $100 each, putting them about $6 US each. But V and I pay $50 cuz we have the Mex equivalent of an AARP card, called the INAPAM Card.

JoeMar, you may be able to get a Google translation if you use Google Chrome. But Junio is June and 8 is 8. LOL.

IMPORTANT: HOME GAMES ARE THE ORANGE DATES. Let V know if you want to buy us cheap beers when you come down and go to a game or two. I usually drive but live close enough to walk.

http://www.tigresqr.mx/calendario/

I don't hang out on this forum much, so please use my email:
    tcarter789 at gmail dot com

TJ

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice