New U.S. Global Entry Immigration Program

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jim in Cancun, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In June, the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security started a new program primarily for people who travel a lot. I got information from a travel newsletter and went to https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes to find out more. I then filled out an application, made an appointment, went to the Houston airport office(Terminal E International arrivals right outside Customs) for the interview (about 15 minutes including the training on how to use the kiosk) and was approved. They verify information on the application form, go through "interview" procedures, ask about previous and current history and addresses,etc.

Now on returning to the U.S., I will go to the line that says "Global Entry Trusted Travelers" instead of the Immigration line. There I will find electronic Kiosks of the "airline check-in" variety. I insert my passport, put my index fingers on the fingerprint reader, answer questions from an abbreviated Customs form (flight number, are your bringing more than $10,000, etc.) and it will give me a receipt. I then walk through and then give the receipt to the Customs agent. Not necessary (but recommended "just in case") to fill out the customs form on the plane or to wait in long lines for Immigration agents. Not sure if there will be a Global Entry line at Customs too. Just got approved on Friday and will keep you posted the first time I use it.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    *bump*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice