New Topless signs have arrived

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by javacouple, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Accutemp

Accutemp Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    If you ain't interested in GOV and have no intention of going there then why post comments on the GOV page? Also why do people from TTR always try to compare GOV to TTR?..... Just woundering. Although a lot of people were saying that GOV was trying to copy TTR which ended up not being true I find it funny that TTR has now copied GOV and started a daytime foam party lol

2. Bramcouple

Bramcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to see the signs...I wouldn't want the Mrs. to be topless were she isn't supposed too.:flash:

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    How did this turn into a premier discussion ?

4. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Give you one guess Donald. {lol}

5. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    I think comparisons are ok, after all they want to capture mostly the same market. Now granted I am a premier member at TTR, so monitoring this forum lets me know 'how the other half lives' so to speak.

TTR has adopted some good things that GOV does (replying to reviews on tripadvisor, though I can't imagine how much that job must suck for the person at either resort) and the daytime foam party.

GOV has adopted significant portions of TTR's concept, not to mention bringing staff over (Sarah69). in addition they have seen the value of this site and Steve/Jannet to reaching that market and have been keen on embracing them.

There are going to be some things that keep the two places separate (later bar hours at TTR vs. The pirate cruise and nicer beach at GOV.

When I'm there next month I think I'll go to GOV for a tour to check it out, why not? the fact that they have each other to compete with will get us (the guests) better resorts in the long run.

6. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 2
    I guess the way I look at it is this: both resorts - or any resort for that matter, will hopefully make changes that they come to realize their guests will react positively to. Daytime foam might be one example of this. It would be foolish to avoid making a positive change merely because another resort initiated an idea first. Maybe GOV decides to open a bar later than 1AM because that's what guests want. It's business - do what works. Hopefully GOV keeps progressing...if it does, I can't wait to book some time there. The comparisons are inevitable - and also beneficial to all of us. They are both adult only, topless and singles friendly Cancun AI resorts with a relationship with CancunCare...how could there not be comparisons?

7. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    I think you'll find Desire Pearl was doing the daytime foam party way before GOV, so if TTR copied anyone it's likely to be their own sister resort.
    :daisy:

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    And once again a thread gets derailed by people pounding their cheat about how great THEIR favorite resort is.

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

If you think they built those things for the existing members , you are easily gullible , they were built to lure in new members just saying.
    And if your numbers are right ( 30 to 40 %)they will eventually self destruct,, what happens when membership reaches 60,, 70 %??,, how will they all fit on that little deck ?,, are they going to make the sexy pool Members only ?? There comes a tipping point were they can no longer give incentives because there going to loose the remaining non members, and the resort would not survive economically and have to raise AI fees.
    Then what happens when they reach 80% and have no new incoming members?

The only reason they gave up the roof top deck, its so hot in the daytime no one was going.

10. opusrex

opusrex Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Can pics of the signs be posted here?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice