New to the board & need help please!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sam_9213, Jan 30, 2009.

1. sam_9213

sam_9213 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, first I want to say hello to everyone and thanks for maintaining such a great site. I am getting married Oct 17, 2009 and will be leaving for a Honeymoon on October 19, 2009...which I am excited about. I am 25 and we've been dating for 10 years this Feb. So I think we've decided to go to Mexico, but need help deciding where to stay. We know we want All-Inclusive, a bit romantic, yet fun. We like to party & drink a few, but at the same time we like our time to relax and just enjoy each other. I'm a bit confused about where everything is. Any suggestions about where to spend a 7 day honeymoon would be great! We don't want to deal with a vehicle, so we need a nice resort with plenty of walking distance leisure activities. Thanks so much for your time & help! :)

2. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    seriously.... stay at Golden Parnassus! It's adults only 18+, its not that expensive, the service is amazing, it's said to have the best part of the beach, and the food is yummy(with complimentary 24hr room service)...... if you go under the cancun hotel forum..... and click on Golden parnassus.... u can see my review of it. I also have plenty of pictures if you need em!
    Also.... if you are interested in booking..... you will book it wayyyy cheaper at GoldenParnassusCancun.com that anywhere else. Best of luck and congratulations! My husband and I stayed there last year and we are staying again this year!

3. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Le Blanc Spa and Resort or Sun Palace are nice.

4. sharibaby67

sharibaby67 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the Riu hotels..the Riu Cancun is likely what you are looking for...Pretty good location..lots of fun stuff to do. When you are trying to choose a place plug the name into tripadvisor.com. I love looking at everyones vacation photos and you also get a better look at the proprties. They have a lot of reviews too..
    Good luck!

5. WebDesigner

WebDesigner Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LeBlanc is just gorgeous and you'll get soooooooo pampered there, that you'll have a hard time leaving the hotel!

6. sam_9213

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions! This forum site is soooo helpful. I am getting ready to look at each of your ideas, and then tomorrow we are going to talk to a travel agent. Wish us luck! Feel free to keep your suggestions coming! Thanks again. :D

7. waterbug

waterbug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam,

We are doing the Golden Parnassus also. This will be our first time there. Will I agree with the poster that you may get a better rate directly thru the hotel, that is not always the case.

I we booked seperate, 6 nights at GP was $1092, direct flights from Detroit were $864 (per couple) total $1956. However we went with NWA world vacations, which is who the flights are with and the package with same flight and hotel is $1752. Not sure if hotel discounts to the airlines or airlines discount when a package is done, but it is cheaper.

I would recommend checking flights on your own with whoever has non stop flights from your local airport, then check out there packages.

Don't be afraid to book things on your own instead of a travel agent. At least check some prices and tell the TA what you are finding. Most should be able to find you the same deal, only with a booking fee.

If you find something online, come back here and ask about the company. People will let you know if they have heard of/used that company.

8. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NWA & MLT

Sam, what city are you flying out of?

I agree with waterbug about NWA World vacations, but if your flying out of a city that MLT Worry Free services it's even cheaper. They are owned by NWA.

We've flown with MLT 6 trips and NWA once. Each vacation was seamless.

Jimmy

9. sam_9213

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are flying out of Cincinnati, Ohio. We actually went today to speak with our local travel agent and here's what we found out, please note we didn't book anything we just got an idea of a price. He suggested, and we liked, Sun Palace. The figure he give us was $3,661.88. :cry: Ha. Ha. This is for a seven-night all-inclusive stay, honeymoon package which includes, a candlelight dinner, a bottle of wine, a fruit basket, and 2 t-shirts. Also includes $150.00 golf credit, and $150.00 spa credit. This is for a basic room, with ocean view and a whirlpool. Also, that price includes airfare which is a straight flight.

So with all that said, what do you all think? Good price, bad price? And how about that resort. Anyone been there before? He also mentioned that if we stay there we can visit the other "Palace" resorts as well.

10. waterbug

waterbug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam,

Let me start by saying that we have been to two of the Palace resorts. The Moon and the Cancun Palace. You cannot go wrong with a palace resorts. You get the golf and spa credits(if you will use them) And also ask because you may get a "Palace passport" which means you have free excursions. This can be worth quite a bit of money if you plan to do 3-4 excursions. If you plan to just stay at the resort this cannot be taking into consideration.

As for the price, it probably isn't to bad for a Palace. If I remember right that is about what we paid. It all depends on what you can spend and what you want out of the resort. There is a site that rates the Cancun hotels and if you check that out, you will notice that the Palace resorts come very highly rated. If you want the name of that site just email me. waterbugmom at hotmail.

Having said all that, if you cannot afford the $3000+ for a Palace then I feel there are many hotels that are very nice in Cancun that are not quite as expensive. Of course, they don't include the extras either. Please do a little more research and check with different sites before you jump into something.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Please email me!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice