New to the board and never been to Cancun.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Thomas and Bambi, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Thomas and Bambi

Thomas and Bambi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone,

We are new to this board and have read a lot of your posts. We are planning a trip in 2007 and would love to hear any arguments for your favorite resorts. We want to stay in an all inclusive and adults only.

We were thinking about a trip in Novemeber (17-27), but some trip reports around that time in 06 seem to report cold and overcast. Is that the norm? Would we be better off going earlier like September or October. Thanks for your help.

Thomas and Bambi

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cold adn overcast can be the norm for Nov.. Remember, hurricane season runs until the end of that month so a tropical storm and/or rainy weather is not unlikely.

As for going in September or October, well. that's hurricane season too. i think the temps are warmer than but you still run the risk of a storm or some rain.

If you're looking for an adults only resort you should head to the Hotels Forum of this message board and check out the reports for the Golden Parnusses (I think I spelled that wrong :lol: ) which was formerly the Golden Crown Paradise Spa.

You can also check out the BBG Lounge on this board as it is totally dedicated to talk abotu BBG (BlueBay Getaway) which is a livlier adults only.

The Sun Palace is going to be adults only when it reopens too. That reopening keeps getting pushed back though.

3. Thomas and Bambi

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply Karan.

So if November is still Hurricane season, is December's weather pretty good and predictable?

I will definitely check out as many posts on this site as I can. Thanks again.

Thomas and Bambi.

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, not necessarily.

This past Deceember was cold and rainy and I think the trend has been that it hasn't been a great month weather wise for the past few years.

I go every Decemeber and for the last couple haven't even come close to being able to wear shorts at night.

If you're looking for really good weather than I would suggest going from Feb through Sept/Oct. You may get some rain dependiong on which month you go but the temps will be nice.

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This link http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MMUN/1972/1/1/PlannerHistory.html?PlannerFrontPage=1 takes you to a trip planner on the Wunderground weather site. You enter the dates you are looking to travel and you can see the weather history for those dates in Cancun. December is usually pretty clear, BUT this year was awful, lots of rain.

You run the risk of rain if you travel in hurricane season (June - end of October). But, doesn't mean it will happen. Most often it's a quick shower and it passes, people don't even leave the swim up bar.

For adults only, all inclusive your choices in Cancun are the Blue Bay Getaway (lively, adult activites staff), Golden Parnassus (not quite as "lively" as BBG but has a huge fan club), Le Blanc (high end, luxury, sophisticated hotel), Sun Palace (had reopened but closed again, not only adults only, but couples only) and the new Real Resort called "The Royal Cancun" which I believe is set to open in February. http://www.realresorts.com.mx/The_Royal_Cancun/

6. Thomas and Bambi

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guy, great info. Love the trip planner site.

7. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun is awesome :!: :!: And this site is great too :!: :!:

Karan and many of the other regulars are great about answering just about any questions you might have :!: :!:

Be sure to read way back and you should be able to get most of your questions answered.

As far as the weather ....this year sounded cooler and rainier than usual.....but no one can predict the weather :(

But a rainy day in Cancun is far better than any rainy day at home :!: :beergone:

8. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One more adults only resort to add to the list is the Oasis Playa. They changed to the adults only format at the start of the year. I have always stayed at this resort (before the format change) and loved it. Its a bit more expensive than it was before, but still very affordable.

9. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only place that I have been too in Cancun is BBG and hubby and I loved it. It was full of adult fun and entertainment and great people when we were there in September and we had warm and wonderful weather. We were hoping to go back again in September of 2007 but looks like we won't make it till 2008.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice