New to the area

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Justmarvellousphoto, Dec 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Justmarvellousphoto

Justmarvellousphoto Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone iv just moved here, would love to meet some fellow English speakers, for drinks, gym buddy, help with work etc, I'm 26 live downtown, I'm a professional photographer but have worked in sales/photo most my life, been here almost a month but finding it hard to make any friends without working, plenty of mexican friends through my partner but would love to hear a friendly accent :) tried joining a gym for me it was almost triple what they quoted to my partner when he went to ask, tips hints anything. :)

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a meetup of a group called Internations (dot org) that meets once a month a various downtown places. It is FREE and they have not bombarded me with emails.

Friday at 8:30, they are meeting at Muleiro's Jazz Club which is upstairs from Scotaibank in the Hong Kong Plaza that is diagonally across the street from Sams/Walmart. The admisson is a toy or gift for boys or girls from 4-12 years. The beneficiary is a local orphanage, Casa Hogar, which is in the Bonfil area of Cancun. I have done a lot of work for this orphanage over the last few years and I know it is a worthy home for kids who did not choose to be orphans.

I think there will be at least 30 ppl there from many countries but heavy on the US, Canada and Mexico.

Look for me and I can introduce you around. We should have nametags.

Cheers,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice