NEW TO TEMPTATION AND CANCUN

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by HIGHTOWERMORGAN, Jul 1, 2008.

1. HIGHTOWERMORGAN

HIGHTOWERMORGAN Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey folks, my wife and I will be at Temptation for the 1st time on Aug 7-11. This is also my first trip to Cancun and I have a few questions. :?: (Ex: credit cards, cash or travler check, which is best? OR Can we bring or own adult beverage receptacles :daveandmo: ?) Can anyone give pointers or point me in the right direction :brick: . Any advice would help kill my vacation anxiety :shock: Also, I've been reading the post and all of y'all seem like a fun loving group of people. :cool: This leads me to believe that we made the right decision with Temptation.

2. texasaggieman1

texasaggieman1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely made the right choice. We are going for our 3rd time to TTR on the 24th. It is a blast, if you want it to be. I'd take some cash for tips for the length of your stay and then use your credit card for anything you do outside the resort.
    Have a blast and just go with it and you will surely have fun and return many times, just like most everyone on this board. :lol:

3. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never used a travelers check in three trips to Mexico. For my last trip I was there ten nights. I brought about 1400 in cash(for two people) and did use my credit cards too. Mostly for more established places (like for excursions booked at the towel hut or bigger restaurants where you know you wont be recharged, or the risk is similar to what it would be at home because really there are crooks in any buisness.) I used cash for tips, the bus, cabs and obviously the small vendors. There is a safe in the room that you get to set your own code so you dont need to carry it all that around with you.

You are going to need at least a little cash right out of the airport as you need to tip the person who brings you to the hotel and the bar tenders...you know you will want to hit the bar right away! :lol:

If you are a fun, open minded and friendly person you will have FOR SURE made the right choice with Temptations. It isnt like any other place. Really. I could keep coming back each year and be happy if it was my only vacation away from the kids each year!(of course each year we have to add some more days to the trip!)

4. Kat & Greg

Kat & Greg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We just went for the first time this past May and had a blast.

Relax and enjoy - I am sure you deserve it.

Kat

5. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know if any of you noticed this, but when we used our credit card in the silver shop at Temptations they printed the entire CC# on the receipt. Our friends used theirs in the Louis Vittion store in town and they did the same thing. You know like at home the usually print xxxx xxxxx xxx 7777 or something like that. There thewhole # was printed on the receipt and so was the Exp date.
    We kept an eye on our CC account for the next two monthes and never had any trouble, but it is something to be aware of and for heaven's sake, do not lose the peceipt they give you!

6. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Cash - Use it for tipping (especially the bartenders and housekeeping at TTR), buying little trinkets from street/beach/alley vendors, cab fare, and for quickly picking up "stuff" you may need at the stores and pharmacies near the resort.

Credit - Useful at resturants and shops. Personally, I prefer to pay for our excursions with credit. Just be aware, when you look at your bill, it's usually calculated in Pesos, not dollars, don't freak out thinking you've been charged $1000 for a $100 trip.

Beverage Receptacle - Bring a mighty man sized hand trough for drinks and they'll gladly fill it at the bars at the resort. Oddly, I've seen more women with these huge "receptacles" than men when we've gone.

7. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Do you guys that are recommending cash mean Mexican currency or US? Should we get some $$ exchanged before heading out?

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    No need for pesos, and they are readily available as change for about everything you buy in Cancun.

Maybe pesos for riding the bus, but not much else.

9. MignonA

MignonA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also, if you do use american currency, make sure the bills aren't ripped, torn or written on. Some times vendors won't take those bills because their banks won't take them either. Have fun!

10. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Pesos cant be in poor shape either. Dont take one in change that is because you will never get rid of it. NEVER! Trust me. I learned the hard way. Luckily for me it was only a 20 peso.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice