New Terminal Opening

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Apr 8, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't notice the no phones or no A/C though. Guess I must have been lucky I didn't have to sprend too much time there.

There were several flights that had long delays due to weather where they were going.

They did have chairs bit not really enough for everyone so lots of people were sitting on the ground. And they had a section of chairs just for peoiple who bought food from the one snack bar they had open but it wasn't big enough by far. That snack bar was making a killing.

I'm not sure I'd call the bathroom a wreck though. It was small but very clean and did have what you needed. :wink:

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I'm just relaying the grumbling I hear on the days when hubby has to work there. The agents in Immigration have to stand up all day, have no chairs, no phones, no a/c, no microwave, no fridge, no nuthin'. And according to him the bathroom is so bad that he walks to the FBO to use that one. But then he's quite picky about bathrooms actually, downright neurotic in fact...

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For them I am sure it is miserable because I didn't see a single chair in the area where we checked in.

Downstairs is miserable. No place to get anything except for a soda machine and small pharmacy.

I certainly can't imagine it's the best of working conditions.

I didn't use the bathroom down there but if it's anything like the rest of the downstairs I'm glad I didn't.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Here's a plan of the airport with the new terminal, many thanks to Ana for the use of the picture:
    [​IMG]

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All this fuss and the new terminal isn't even bigger than the old one?

I know that they have finally closed Terminal 1, last Saturday (I think) was the last day it was open.

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This map was send to me directly from ASUR (Aeropuerto del Sureste) and with this letter: (Is in spanish)

NUEVAS VIALIDADES Y REORDENAMIENTO DEL TRÁNSITO EN EL AEROPUERTO DE CANCÚN

Cancún, Q.R., 23 de Abril de 2007.- A partir de las 04:00 horas de este miércoles 25 de abril, entrarán en operación las nuevas vialidades del Aeropuerto de Cancún como consecuencia de la próxima puesta en marcha de la Terminal 3.

Además de abrir las nuevas vialidades, se decidió reordenar el sentido vehicular en todo el aeropuerto, con lo que se da respuesta a la necesidad de atender el creciente flujo de vehículos y ofrecer un tránsito más ágil a todos los conductores.

Cabe señalar que las vialidades que conducirán a la Terminal 3 aún no estarán disponibles y serán abiertas al tránsito vehicular en el momento en que inicien las operaciones del nuevo edificio Terminal.

Se recomienda a todos los conductores que extremen precauciones al circular por el aeropuerto para evitar contratiempos en tanto se familiarizan con el nuevo ordenamiento vial.

(Se anexa plano con las nuevas vialidades y sentidos del tránsito vehicular que se pondrán en marcha).

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Parking ???

It does not appear that there is any addtiional parking constructed. It also appears that you have to go by Terminal 2 to get to Terminal 3 and deal with all that mess even if you are only going to Term 3. Am I right on this?

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    route to terminal three appears to circle around between the terminal two parking lot and the administrative offices. The parking lot across from terminal three is not new?

9. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ, old bean.

Follow the orange arrows.

The road that used to be where the car park exit was (with the car rental yards acorss the other side of the road) has changed direction.

Main car park entry and exit points have moved too, I think.

New car park looks to be about 2/3 the size of the main one, which should take some pressure off.

All in all - unless someone's stuck an unneeded unmarked guard booth in the wrong place - appears to be more efficient in the traffic flow department.

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kiwi
    1. Follow the blue arrows. You sure get to drive a long way to leave the airport from Teminal 1, which I guess is now closed, by making a big circle in front of Terminal 2.

2. Follow the red arrows. There seems to be on route past the entrance or exit of this parking lot. Seems to me they were creating a new entrance but it was right next to, and before, the old entrance.

3. I will scope it all out when on Wednesday, when I get back, and I assume that will be at Terminal 3.

4. Do you think they will allow push carts in Terminal 3?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice