New Terminal Opening

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Apr 8, 2007.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    My husband has had a tour of the new terminal and will know more on Tuesday as he has a meeting there again.
    The terminal was due to open on 26th April. However will update on Tuesday pm.
    All flights from the US are due to use the new terminal.
    Rgds
    Tracey

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Tracey,

Will that be TO the US as well as FROM ths US? If so, would that mean Spirit, American, Delta, Continental, United and the little guys would all be relocated to the new terminal. And will it simply be called Terminal 3?

I look forward to the update.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband has toured the new terminal as well, and in fact was offered the 2nd in command job in Immigration there, but turned it down flat. Immigration needs to hire at least 60 new people to cover the new terminal, right now they have a shortage of agents due to all the recent craziness there.

Terminal 1 IS OPEN NOW, it's open only on weekends right now, and has been all this year. It's supposed to close anytime. An ASUR manager told my husband they weren't even sure they would open it this weekend but they did. It will closing very soon.

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last few times I flew Click (Mexicana) within Mexico, the plane was parked at Terminal 1 and we shuttled from terminal 2 on the tarmac. That sure adds some transit time.

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drewbert

You need to get out more. They have been shuttling to and from remote locations since Wilma. With T1 being closed, for all pracitcal purposes, there are not enough jetways in T2 to accomodate all the flights in the manner you and Bill Gates typically enjoy.

So "Get on the bus, Gus; Make a new plan Stan; etc."

But thanks for sharing.

Rivergirl points out that T1 is open for now on weekends but I have no idea what carriers are using it.

6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Probably charters.

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe that is why it is called the Charter Teminal, even though pre-Wilma non charters used it too. Maybe non charters still do. I am so confused. Welcome to Mexico.

8. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Opening is delayed until May 20th.
    Rgds
    Tracey

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I flew out of Terminal 1 yesterday.

pretty much the same as it was Pre-Wilma. Not many places to get anything to eat or drink and no real last minute shopping to speak of. All the flights leaving that terminal were charters.

But not all charters were going out of there...still several out of terminal 2.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Terminal 1 has no a/c, no phones, no chairs, the bathrooms are awful, it's a wreck. But it looks like they might have to keep it open a bit longer since Terminal 3 looks like it's a bit delayed. As far as I know there's a mix of airlines using Terminal 1, some charters but some regular airlines also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice