New Terminal Opening

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Apr 8, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of my Spirit Airlines friends told me that the new terminal was opening next month and that all flights to and from the US would be using it. I have not seen any news about this and was wondering if that is the case. I see the construction when I am coming and going but have no idea even how to get there to be dropped off. But I go to the US on Thursday and will see if I can get some better info. i guess they will have their own Migracion and Aduana areas, like the old Terminal 1, but we will see.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're going to the US on Thursday???

I'm going to Cancun on Thursday!!

Will our timing ever be right, T.J.???

3. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please let us know TJ, if u find out. I'm flying Spirit to Cancun next month from Ft Laud. Last time they took us to a terminal that was so far we had to take a shuttle bus.

4. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have given up on this Klaw.

I will not be back here until May 9 either. Have to do a lot of work this trip back including getting my daughter settled in Nashville for her summer internship, and a family wedding in Canada.

Enjoy your trip (it seems to have been a while for you) and Bien Viaje.

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be back again on May 17th if you're still around.

And it hasn't been so long..I was there in Feb and then did another trip in March. Just can't seem to stay away.

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Chica

Will do but you may beat me back here as I come back on the 9th. When are your travel dates?

And Klaw just posted that she arrives Thursday but she is probably still arriving at Terminal 2

You really don't arrival at any remote terminal. The airport is just getting so busy that there are not enough jetways sometimes to accomodate all the flights. Remember that Spirit and many others used to use Terminal 1 and after Wilma that terminal remains closed as far as I know while they complete the new Terminal. My experience is that over half the time on Spirit you take the bus from the plane to Migracion.

Hint: Get close to the right front door of the bus that is parked closest to the front exit of the plane. When the bus pulls up outside Migracion you will be the first ones inside the building. Nothing like getting in line ahead of 130 people going to the same place you are going.

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Klaw

I think I remember you standing us up in Feb, or was that Jan or Dec. No, it was all of the above. I thought you may have missed March though or maybe that was a stealth trip.

I am here till the 23rd of May. Want me to pick you up at the airport? I have a cooler and an SUV. Oh, probably not as that would be taking money from Cancun Valet and I don't want to do that. But the offer is serious and open. I could also arrange Mariachi's.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Klaw

March was my "stealth" trip so to speak....didn't set foot at BBG and just stayed at Dany's. He didn't even know I was coming so it was a stealth and a surprise visit.

I think we stood you up in December..or maybe it was tthe trip before that. :oops: :oops:

Since you're there until May 23rd we'll definitely get together.

Mariachi's huh??? I might just take you up on that, LOL. :wink:

9. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    also leaving thursday for the states

on sprit at 350pm sprit told me terminal one

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    KATHY

I am sure it is not Teminal 1 unless I got incorrect info from my Spirit friend. She was specific about it being all flights from the US. Terminal 1 is too small to accomodate all of the airlines that would be encompassed by this statement.

I will see what I can find out on this end, which is important to all of us and our friends who may be taken to the airport or picked up. What a pain to be at the wrong terminal. My friend is working today but I will send her a text and an email to see what she says about all this.

Look for her when you guys come and go on Spirit. Her name is Yardena and she is a little person. A friend and I, 6'3" & 6'4", took her 4'3" self out to dinner the other night. He and I are giants here anyway but the heads really turned when we walked into the restaurant with her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice