new post

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by LYNN73, Jan 9, 2007.

1. aineetiny

aineetiny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DID YOU SAY STARBUCKS?? IN CANCUN???

:shock: PLEASE TELL ME THIS WAS NOT A TYPO!!! REALLY STARBUCKS??? WHERE IS IT!! I´VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME!! :D

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    aw, shux, we haven't had one of these in a while, eh Michelle? [​IMG]

Personally, I figure that if someone is not going to be a heavy drinker they may choose to go European Plan (EP) instead of all-inclusive (AI) to save some $$$.

But for strictly for conveniences' sake perhaps you'd go AI so you don't have to worry about pulling out your purse or wallet all the time at the hotel, or seeing upon check-out how much more was billed to your room from all the visits to the resort restaurants. Personally, my wife and I drink a little, but we went AI because we could afford the little convenience of knowing exactly how much everything cost ahead of time (all meals/drinks included with the room price).

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are two Starbucks in the hotel zone now, one in La Isla and one in Plaza Caracol. There are a couple downtown now as well.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Re: DID YOU SAY STARBUCKS?? IN CANCUN???

Check out the Life in Cancun forum. I think there's more than one there now.

5. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do they deliver?

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish! A nice Starbucks wake up call would be great. :D

7. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    i would not suggest BBG if u are shy and this is first vacation out of the country. it lloks like you are looking for an "all inclusive" vacation. i would suggest checking out Apple or MLT or another tour company that operates out of an airport near you. it makes the process very easy.

5 days sounds like a good amount for this trip. i am not familiar with the El Publito. look at the Cancun Hotels forum on this site for a lot of great info.

i would not worry one bit about terrorism in Mexico. you and your husband should have a great time.

<disclaimer> my Spider sense is still tingelling, but we'll see...

8. LYNN73

LYNN73 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No we don't drink. we do not want to go to parties or clubs we want to rest and relax on a beach and swimming pool. I don't think I could go longer cause of my kids.

So I looked at Iberostar is that good? I love the pictures. Looks good. How is the food I like to eat just don't drink. we will dance if their is music. As long as their is no minimum drink.

I want to snorkel and airboard.

We like to work out and I see their is a gym. Has anyone been there? Is it a nice one?

Thanks for all your help
    let me know if you have more ideas for me

We are thinking March or April

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep in Mind that going away in March will have you staying with a lot of Spring Breakers on Spring Break....

10. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Basically, I would avoid the Oasis properties and the BBG, if you're the quieter, non drinking type. The Iberostars are a nice, reliable chain, family oriented. Even though you're not taking the kids, it won't be a crazy party atmosphere.

I would even go as far as checking out something closer to Playa Del Carmen if you don't really care for the nightclubs and whatnot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice