New Indian Restaurant

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    It's on the other side of Tulum.

If you were at Club Sandwich Cafe it's directly opposite..... i.e. cross the 4 busy roads and you are there. I was told that if you drive up to the Parador hotel and say you're going to the restaurant they will let you park there. Might be easier on your tum!

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a takeaway last night again and was pretty impressed - definitley worth trying Jen. Sadly it was empty again.

I think the location is letting them down and lack of marketing as well. They should have put it in SM17 or something. Hopefully people will start to go.

3. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I managed to go with Ingrid and Sofia the week Matt, Steve and Chris went but not at the weekend, on a Thursday night, we had a sit in meal and we both really enjoyed it, i had Chicken Madras and although it wasn't very spicy, it was lovely, Ingrid had a Lamb Gosht Korma and found it delicious, I thought the meat in hers was a bit chewy and not very impresed but mine was like a taste of home and i was impressed, the Keema nan was the best i had ever tasted, we said we'd go back regularly. Well I also had a take away on Saturday (must of just missed Matt by minutes!) but i had a Chicken Tikka Massala (after the owner tried convincing me that a Massala is more spicy than a Madras, which it's not supposed to be, a Massala is normally served as a medium curry, the madras a hot curry (that i know of anyway) but i took his word for it and got a CTM, basmati rice and a keema nan, well i was the only one that ate it and i have to say it was horrible and i can't stop thinking about it and in a bad way, i have felt sick since Saturday night, it wasn't even spicy (i think i've become immune) but i'm feeling it now (big time) and would rather have eaten matts left out stew! It also gave me a drier mouth than beer does, which isn't a good sign! I'm going to give it another go but not takeaway again and i'll let you know how i get on, bit scared now to be honest but the first time was so good that i think they deserve another shot and they'll have poppdums in 15 days and maybe the new spices like steve says so will see what happens.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just tried out A Taste of India tonight. It was really good food...and it was really empty too. I hope they can get a reputation that will sustain them... I had chicken curry and a samosa and garlic naan...it was yummy.

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  6. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just tried A Taste of India. We arrived and got the huge menus (I have never had Indian food at a restaurant ) and was a bit overwhelmed. We looked up and entering the restaurant was Chef Rainer from the Ritz with his lovely Family. We ended up sharing a table and ordered several dishes for the 8 of us, I can't even begin to remember the names but Everything was good we had chicken, Lamb and Fish as well ase lentils and rice. We all liked everything ( not my daughter, she sulked) I would go back again for sure.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Now, that is praise indeed and if it's good enough for the Chef from the Ritz too it cant be that bad at all.

I was fearful, when I saw that you posted in the thread, that you were going to say the place had closed down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice