New GOV Trip Reports?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by aggiemike, Apr 6, 2014.

1. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    O O we may b in trouble.
    We only booked the other place cuz u 2 were gonna b there and we expected you guys to make our vacation perfect.
    Oh dear
    Now what?

2. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    LOL Marshe you know we have big shoulders.. no worries !!! We'll make sure you have a great vacation.. "we just don't expect others to make our vacation great... but shit if you two are going to be there... its like icing on the cake...LOL REALLY you guys are coming to the GOV.... this gets better and better...LOL

3. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    everyone will see the same thing differently. Thats just the way it is. Im writing a very long report with specific things that happened, and you can judge for yourself. I tend to be someone who puts a positive spin on stuff and did for the first few days, but there was just too much to ignore. We had great friends going and met tons of fun people so no, it wasnt a wash. But the review isnt about the great people we were with, it is about the resort itself. I think enough people on here have either met me or gotten a good feel for who I am so they can take what I say or leave it. Really doesnt make a difference to me.After all, I believe taking the time to write a resort is to share your experience and no one wishes mine was better than I do....

4. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    I said the other place . .u know. . . Mecca
    U guys make it a perfect vacation. . But don't spread it around. . .cuz then there will be no rooms at the other place.

5. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a TR coming - started writing it a few days ago - but have been swamped at home and work. We were at GOV from Mar 27-31st. We can confirm that the service was pretty sub-par at times and that a majority of the employees seemed to not care. Did it ruin our trip? Not at all. We still had a blast and did what we wanted to do, at our pace. We would go back.

Some folks that write reviews on TripAdvisor will never be happy with anything at anytime. We have read all of the TR here on CCC, and with the exception of two TRs (where the reviewer on one was expecting GOV to be Temptations, except nicer and gave it a rambling, incoherent bash job), we were very prepared on what to expect.

6. lfiess

lfiess Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

That seems to be my only issue with bad trip reports...if you didn't like the resort ...fine. But when you write a review and ramble on and on it becomes hard to follow. Beware...some may think you are bashing them. Glad to hear that you made the best of sub-par service. I am not saying that it okay but I also can't imagine being in their shoes...working long hours for little pay. I can honestly say that we have never been to a resort where we had terrrible service. Yes, they were not jumping up and down because we were there but then again I didn't expect them to be as happy as I was...they are working and slaving while we are relaxing. We are very good tippers so that may be why we usually don't have issues getting good bar or maid service. I hope that will be the same at GOV :)

7. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I hope you are right, but I have been a waitress and bartender and tipping didnt help. LOL Mine will be long winded, not to be bashing but to give specific instances. That way people can judge for themselves if it would bother them or not....But I also took the time to speak personally to Valentina and say exactly what my report will say. Including the good.

8. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One thing I will mention in my TR will be that, in seemingly all of the key service-related positions like bartenders, front desk and Pool/Beach wait staff, they are woefully understaffed. I would bet that some of the upcoming trip reports will probably all agree with this point. It is something that needs to change pretty quickly.

On the plus side of the long wait: I was prepared (by reading the trip reports here at CCC) and brought 34 oz Bubba Mugs, so I didn't have to wait as often! Also, an interesting thing happened while waiting in line every time: I met a lot of people and joked and bullshitted with them! It was fun, and there were quite a few funny moments while doing so!

9. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    We also just got home and will do a report tomorrow. Also, we couldnt agree more with what you said. Im going to be as honest and unbiased as possible in my TR, so wear sunglasses...it may hurt your eyes.

10. Rd&LaWanda

Rd&LaWanda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't wait for the TR....Miss you guys !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice