New girl on the forum

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Castor, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Castor

Castor Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jodi,,
    Thanks for your message. We are also looking for a bilingual (English-Spanish) school for our daughter, actually she goes to a Montessori school in Québec - she has started last week - where the teachers speak one day in French, one day in English and so on. Actually, we love so much the Montessori philosophy that my boyfriend really wants the same school but in Mexico. We saw there is one located in Cancun, and one in PDC.

I'm not sure where Puerto Juarez area is - I'll check out with Google map - but I'm sure we will be happy to help your daughther with her French :) Our daughter is 5 years old and will turn 6 when we'll move, but she is a very big girl (very tall for her age) and very interested to make new friends.

2. Castor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Tracey,

You said grade 7, that's means is around 12 years old? How old was he when you arrived?

3. Castor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, I'll check it out!

4. Castor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Opatije! We did and still doing a lot of research, there is so much to know. We've seen a Montessori school in PDC, but it seems to be located in Selvamar, which we don't know really what it is to live there...

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Castor our son was just shy of 5 when we arrived.We have a daughter that was 13 when we arrived also and an elder daughter- then 16 who stayed in the UK to finish her education. (best decision she could ever make with hindsight.)
    The montessori school in Cancun is situated in the residential area of campestre- on the road to the airport.The owners are the same as the school in PDC.

6. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I considered that one for my youngest but we're south of PdC so that makes for a LONG trip. We have ours in Ak Lu'um (last of primaria this year) and El Papalote (2do secundaria and 2do prepa). I had 1 kid at Bacab last year for 1ro prepa but it closed. he is very sad. I also have 1 other kid doing just El Playarte this year. (all, obviously in PdC). This is the 3rd year or something for that Montessori so they must be doing something right. :)

7. Castor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! Thank you! It's interesting to know.

I have also considered Ak Lu'um and El Papalote, but my partner is really into the Montessori thing. So I guess we'll start by visiting that school in October and see what happens.

We've never been in Cancun - only in PDC but this was in 2001, just after the 9/11. I'm wondering if I would rather choose Cancun over PDC but seems I don't know Cancun at all, it's hard to compare. I see a lot of you live in Cancun :)

8. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Castor, when you get to PDC after a twelve year absence you may feel you don't it, either....

But, no time like the present to get re-acquainted with Cancun, and the Riviera Maya.

9. ccasselman

ccasselman Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So lucky.... wonderful area. I love Cancun.

Enjoy!

Chuck

10. Castor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I know, it's been a long time ago but I really feel like it was yesterday. To be honest, I don't remember much of it (PDC) but I do remember that we really enjoyed the Riviera Maya. Plane tickets are bought and we'll be there end of October for vacations and to visit the school. I can't wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice