New furniture store

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Aug 6, 2008.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dico has opened in the old Tulum cinemas building. Their website is kind of sucky, but I saw a whole catalog and they've got some decent furniture at very good prices.

Just FYI!

www.dico.com.mx

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is it exactly Cannuck? I don't know the old Tulum Cinemas?

My boss said the one in DF was great quality stuff but also really expensive?

Is it pretty reasonable prices here? Like D'tagglio or better quality?

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oops, sorry, it's like giving directions saying "turn left where the cat used to sit". :D

It's on Tulum Avenue near Plaza Galerias. The McDonald's across from the ADO is right next door.

I only looked at their catalog and the website but the prices are much cheaper than Dettaglio. I saw a decent bedroom set (well, I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I liked it) for about 4000 pesos. Worth checking out anyway, Hubby says the quality is better than a lot of places here, certainly a step up from Walmart and Telebodega in terms of style.

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice furniture but absoloutely no excuse for that music on their website!! In one word, savage!

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh man, I had my speakers off when I looked at it the first time, sheesh, that is awful! The website stinks really, if you select this region it doesn't really come up with any products but the whole catalog should be available here. I think (though I don't know for sure) that there is a store in Cancun Plaza as well.

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After watching the spinning "Cargando" icon for 45 seconds, I hit the red X in the corner. Why are the majority of web sites down here so damned bad? Also, I guess the music crtitcism struck home. There was none, which was fine considering there was no web content beyond the "home" page, either. Or maybe the six views from Cancun Care overwhelmed the hamster driving their server.

7. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the tip. We headed over to Cancun this afternoon and one stop was Dico. I loved their furniture and especially their prices right now - everything is 50% off until Aug 31. We ended up buying a couple of easy chairs for the bedrooms. They don't deliver yet to Isla so we will have to figure out a way to get them back in a couple of weeks, but that has never stopped us before, something will work out.

They did not have the color of chair I wanted in the style I wanted, even though they thought they did - it wasn't until it came up at no cost on the computer that they realized they could not sell me that color. So I'm not sure if they have everything in the catalog (I didn't see a catalog).

I wish I was rich, I could have bought a few more things!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice