New Dentist in Town

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunNurse, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Nancy. I appreciate that you guys were so great to fit me in for my emergency. I will be back in the next week to finish things up. If your husband is going to be in town, let me know...I am nervous about having my gums cut on!!

Thanks,
    Kris

2. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A question for you:

I'm not scheduled to come down to Cancun until November 20th for 14 days. I need some dental work done that I've been putting off for YEARS due to the cost as well as not wanting to be in pain. Primarily I have a tooth in the back that broke off some months ago. One fourth of the tooth is gone. Then I have a chipped tooth in the front that was done many moons ago with the old "bonding" technique. It is now a ugly yellowish color and the bonding itself has recently chipped.

There are other problems, but those are the main ones. Would I be able to get any of that taken care of while in Cancun for only 14 days or would it require more than one trip to get both done?

Also, would my x-rays and dental file be of any use, or would it be too old to be of any value? They are over 5 years old.

Michelle

3. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dentist

Hi Michelle,
    I sent you an e-mail directly....to answer all your questions. Please let me know if there is any other information you might need. Otherwise, see you in November! Nancy

4. Cheri Beri

Cheri Beri Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Nurse - please respond

Hi My name is Cheri Spychala and my husband and I need a great deal of dental work done while we will be in Cancun from June 29, 2008 through July 13, 2008. Dr. Grassi has been the primary dentist that has been recommended to us. Is there a way we can find out some prices for Root Canals, Crowns, Implants, Bridges, and fillings.
    Thank you,
    Cheri :D

5. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dentist

Hi Cheri...Thanks for your interest. I will get back to you on Monday with all the information you requested. Nancy

6. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Dental vacations in Cancun? Now I know this place has everything! Just kidding bad dental pain is nothing to sneeze at. Up here in Canada last winter, I had an abcess due to two teeth similar to what Michelle talked about that kept me at home from work and going to the hospital 3 times a day for IV antibiotics. Hopefully a bridge/root canal is the most of your worries. Although an extraction if it isn't unsightly and still lets you chew isn't a bad option either.

Bonus points for good painkillers!

7. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dentist

Might sound a bit shocking to you, Canadian Dos Equis, and luckily, you don't have to worry about Dental work as an expense in Canada. Unfortunately, many Americans don't have Dental insurance (let alone good medical coverage) and for just a bit more, can come here and get their vacation and their dental work done at the same time for a reasonable amount of money. Our prices are very reasonable...most of the time the patients tell me our prices are less than the co-pay on their insurance. We have very high standard of care and have we have a great staff. We always try to work around the vacation...an hour here and there....appointments at the patients convenience. WHY NOT???

8. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Re: Dentist

Ah I was just joking as that is something I had never considered before. And actually the Canadian health care system doesn't cover dental unless it is in an emergency situation. I ended up getting two teeth pulled (both molars near the rear and it still cost me about 700 after paying for the extractions x-rays and medication as I was with a new company and my dental benefits had not kicked in yet. Certainly not making fun of the Mexican health system I just associate Cancun with fun more than drills, novocaine and pliers!

9. luisdeita

luisdeita Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is the tequila before or after treatment? :wink:

I desperately need major mouth work. Kelly keeps pushing me to go.

10. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dentist

C'mon Luis...you can DO IT! Kelly was so scared beforehand and took it al like a pro. Dr. Mauricio specializes in Painless Dentistry, so give him a shot! It's for your good health! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice