New/Changed Restaurants

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by va2cun, Oct 19, 2008.

1. va2cun

va2cun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We returned from a week at the Ambiance Villas at Kin Ha; we stayed there last year about the same time and we loved it again. Very laid back and peaceful with a gorgeous beach and a this year breakfast was included, which was nice.

We noticed a few restaurant changes. We first saw that TGI Friday's is closed and there is now a Chili's and Bennigan's at the Forum. Has Friday's been closed long? The Chili's and Bennigan's looked very new.

We went to Mujeres and were looking forward to Playa Rancheros because we had such a good time there last year. We got a golf cart and drove down and saw that the Lancheros had been painted over on the sign, but they still featured Tix n Chix. We saw a Lancheros in town near the main dock, but they did not have Tix n Chix on the menu; just curious what happened.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Seems to be a few changes in the restaurant scene at the moment. Yesterday I noticed of all places Burger King in the Hotel Zone had closed down.

TGI closed around 3 months ago and was around the same time as Chilis and Benigans opened up. Lorito Joes also closed a few months ago.

Not very familiar witbh Isla goings on so cant help on that part.

3. Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chili's moved in when Johnny Rockets moved out.

There is a huge addtition under construction at Plaza Las Americas. A new Chili's is one of many restaurants that will be there. There will be condos sold there in a pretty tall building. Even and ice skating rink.

I have not checked the signs lately but it would not surprise me if Friday's does not show up there. On the other hand, they not too long ago closed their Playa Del Carmen location after a remodel and expansion. Maybe they just cannot figure out how to make money here.

4. Vic

Vic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Playa Lancheros is still there....

...In fact Playa Lancheros is the beach name...

The restaurant that you went to last year remains however the lot they were sitting on is now divided and there is another more up-scale restaurant if that term applies to my beloved Isla where everything is Down to Earth! (Other than Villa Rolandi's of course)

The new restaurant is mainly catering to catamarans and that type of clientele and then the walk ins. Not my favorite place.

The old place with the kitchen on the back is D place for Tikin-Xic.

IMHO

Vic
    --

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Vic, the place on Playa Lancheros on Isla Mujeres makes the most mouthwateringly amazing Tikkin-Xic I have ever had! I recommend this place to everyone, bring an appetite because the portions are generous and have cash because unless something has changed, they do not accept credit cards.

212eric

6. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there any place to get Tik-n-Xic in the Hotel Zone?

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe you can get it at the little place, whose name is the same is the location, Rio Nizuc, in the area of Club Med but you get to it by boat of by gong down the little road on the airport side of the bridge where the Jungle Tour boats go from the lagoon to the Caribbean.

8. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Playa Lancheros on the south end has a new name, La Casa del Tik in Xik
    same menu, same everything ...different name.

There is a cockteleria on Medina called Lancheros, it's basically teh same kind of restaurant as Picus & Minninos,
    Another good one on medina, south of the ferry dock is Justica Social.[/img]

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How about a recommendation for Tix n Xic Downtown??

10. Vegas

Vegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, restaurants down there seem to constantly drop like flies. If TGIFridays can't make it, I have no idea how the overpriced Outback can.

Then again, after being in the sun all day, it always amazes me how little I eat when I'm down there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice