New bus fares!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Mar 28, 2013.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    chefcgarcia: Maya Caribe buses stick with the 8.50. Maybe it was one of those?

My friend refused to pay more than 8.50 yesterday and after a 15 min argument, the driver let her in. Obviously its not doable that every person fights for 15 mins as it would create chaos...

This morning when running, I noticed that a few brave people tried to block Autocar and Turicun buses from entering Zona Hotelera at the main entrance(Coba - Bonampak) Cops where there and I saw several of the buses get turned away :)

Donald: Doing something illegally doesnt justify "Global Economy"... A crime is a crime, regardless if its today or 50 years ago.

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I would comment but Ive been told not too :(

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ricaldi could and should fix this forever and quickly. The city could and should issue plaques for the front window and signs for inside stating the fare. The penalty for altering, covering or removing it should be steep. Like the bus be immediately towed to a compound, held out of service for X number of days and a hefty fine leveled. And put the driver in jail for a week.

Make the punishment fit the crime.

Kelly M is a tweet buddy of the Mayor and I will suggest to her privately that she tweet this to him or tell me how to get this suggested solution in front of his face.

The taxis have printed and published tariffs. Steve put a copy on this forum because he knew I had scored one and sent him a copy. I have it saved on my iPad and probably on y phone but it would be too small for me to read.

Make them operate like a NYC taxi.

Rawkus, what do you think?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a taxi that made me get out and refused to take me to Cumbres for 30 pesos. I checked the sheet before I left and SM18 to Cumbres is 30 pesos - unless I'm missing something?

Is there a way to complain to someone?

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Complain to Steve.

Did you get the cab number? Always memorize that when you get in the cab You never know. A gal who could barely stand taught me this years ago. I got out at La Taberna. Who knows where she went. Home, I think she said. Then she recited the number and I checked when I got out. I saw two of the same number. Hmm. That was the old TJ

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Joking.

I guess you could go to the sindicata on R4 or R5 but it's a big place and it would be a waste of time.

7. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    So what is the current bus far for Hz/Downtown? Did it really go down a little bit or is it still with the original increase?

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    $9.5 but I think the jury is still out. They will probably get that approved.

I am surprised no one commented that my great idea was a great idea.

The Answer Man Speaketh.

9. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Julian Ricaldes Twitter:

"A partir de las 5pm de hoy las tarifas del transporte público regresan a la normalidad $6 y $8.5 #GobernamosMejor"

So, this afternoon fares should be back to normal, if we are to believe Ricalde.

Novedades reports the same: "Las tarifas serán nuevamente de 6 pesos para la zona centro y 8.50 para la zona hotelera."

Regresan tarifas de transporte público a la normalidad

Personally Ill know by tomorrow morning if its true.

10. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ: I think they should put the fares OUTSIDE the bus, which they did when increasing the cost. Hope it stays that way. Unfair to be pushed inside the sardine cans and then find out about the bus-mafias latest move.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice