Need your help and advice...Walmart?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mogolish, Jun 1, 2008.

1. mogolish

mogolish Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok so my friends are in dire need right now. Do you think Walmart gift cards from Canada will work at Walmart in Cancun?

Or does anyone know of a place where I could buy giftcards for them on line where they could get food?

Or a bank that will allow me to set up an account for them from here? Does anyone know about Walmart Bank? My spanish is pretty good but not good enough to read terms and conditions of a bank account...

Please anyone that has any ideas???? Thanks so much!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I am not 100% sure but I'd guess not, since nothing from abroad seems to work here, and people make up the rules depending on which way the wind is blowing :)

I think wiring money by Western Union may be your best bet.

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree...wire them money via western union. That's the way all of the Mexicans here in Chicago get money back to their relatives in Mexico.

The only other thing that I could think of is for them to contact the embassy or consulate for whatever country they are from and see if there is a procedure for having funds transfered into Mexico with the aid of the embassy or consulate. I would doubt it, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a call.....you never know what could actually be done if you don't ask.

I'd imagine that this isn't a problem unique to your friends....so perhaps the authorities have something they could offer in terms of emergency assistance.

Michelle

4. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's also how I received money numerous times when I was in Cancun.

5. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gift cards from the States DO NOT work in Cancun...tried to use one and it didn't work. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice