Need some money!! Quick!! Well...pesos

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by lambert13, Jun 16, 2008.

1. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hiya folks!

So, here's the deal...... Karen and I got married last July in Tulum and will be celebrating our first anniversary while we are away in Jamaica on July 4th. Yep, she has put up with me for a whole year.

So why do I need money?? Well, I am married, that should be answer enough.

But really, I am making her a bracelet using Mexican coins for a little add on to her anniversary gift. She knows I am an artistic, creative little devil and loves when I make stuff for her. What I need are about 10 of the 50 centavo coins. You know, the bronze/gold color ones with the scallopededge?

[​IMG]

I plan on taking a bunch of those, drilling holes on both sides, shaping them into a dome shape and then linking them together with jewelery making supplies. Sound cool? I think so.

Here is kinda what I want to make.

[​IMG]

So, if anyone has any of them laying around and does not mind parting with a few.... I would appreciate it to no end. For whatever reason I do not have any of those kicking around. I have a bunch of just about every other Mexican coin ever made though.

I will pay you for them if you want, and will gladly pay for shipping and all that too. Thanks in advance!

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sorry I don't have any pesos to contribute, but I really like the idea of the bracelet!
    She'll love it!

(you're very creative!)

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No problem Janie. I figure that someone on here will probably be able to help out. If not, maybe I gotta go down and get some coins. :lol:

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I have a bucketfull of them. Because they're not worth much it's a coin you tend to not bother putting in your pocket when you leave the house.

Problem is it would cost a fortune to get them to you. Cool idea though, hopefully someone from the US can help out.

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK Jase,

I got your back. I only have one right this moment but I can get the rest easy enough.

I will return to the states on July 13 and can mail them the next day unless you get a quicker offer.

Back to the first paragraph, how easy you ask?

Well the normal way we seem to get change in Cancun is, for example, if your purchase is $33 Mxn, and you pay with $100, your $67 change would be 8-$5's, 10-$2's, 5-$1's and 4-$.50's. It doesn't take long to accumulate coins at that rate.

Let me know if this works. Also, I will know Friday if a buddy of mine is heading back on Monday or Tuesday. You could possibly have them in a week or 10 days.

A PM is fine if you want to give more details than the average board reader needs to know.

6. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we will be in Cancun in July i'll pick as many as you want up and send them to you. Pm me your address :)

ETA I may be to late for when you want it.. I am not getting back until the 30th BUt i think I have some here I can send

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to all you guys that replied. Steve, TJ, Katrina. I appreciate it very much. Unfortunately, time is of the essence and I am a procrastinator. Our anniversary is on July 4th and we are leaving the States on June 30th. So, I need to finish my project in two weeks.

On the good side though........I got an offer to help from a friend of mine who just got back and has a pocket full of coins.

You guys are great! Ill be sure to post a photo when I get it finished.

8. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am still looking for you!!

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jason, I want to see your Jamaica pictures ...
    [​IMG]... please?!?!?

10. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks very much for looking! But, I already have a bunch on the way as we speak. A friend who just got back is mailing me a bunch.

I sure do appreciate the effort though.

And Janie......... We get back on July 8th and I should have a gallery up within a day or two. I will be sure to PM you the link to the gallery before I even get a report going. It's funny, I always think of you first when I am setting up my galleries and writing a report.

When we get back I will be one week away from surgery so I may not have time to write a report for a few weeks. No laptop for me at the moment :cry: so it might have to wait till I get home from the hospital.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice