Need some good advice

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ChrisnCancun, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ChrisnCancun

ChrisnCancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we have 33 days untill our first trip to cancun WAAHHHOOOOO!
    1st question... We want to do the dinner cruise and have considered the lobster and ribeye cruise on the Columbus. Anyone have an opinion on this?

2nd....we are planning on going to chichin itza, the isla mujeres, the dinner cruise, downtown area shopping and snorkeling (not sure where. yet) We will get into Cancun and on Friday be there for 7 days, ( April 10-17) My question is this, is there certian days that are better for doing certian things. Or does it matter at all? Are the crowds the same at the ruins on the weekend as during the week?

3rd. I want to visit a tequilla factory but I don't know where any are at. Are there any near cancun and if so are there any you suggest? (BTW I am more interested in tequilla brands other than Jose Quervo, I am looking for something thats not common in the states.)

4th. Do you have any other activity suggestions?

Thanks to all who reply, this site has been a huge help in planning our trip.

Chris

2. ChrisnCancun

ChrisnCancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i cant help you with the dinner cruise, i havent done one while there,

but ive been to chichen itza twice. and its always busy. but if you plan while youre there perahps a day that forcasts rain, it might be best for chichen itza cause theres very little shade there and the temp might be a bit cooler than if it forcasts a hot sunny day.

if you get the right trip, you could do your isla mujeres and snorkleing together. thats what we did when we went. it was a good day.

i dont know if you can visit a tequlia factory. i dont think tequila is made in the cancun area. its mostly made in the state of Jalisco. i thought our tour guide told us that its not considered tequlia unless its made there...i migth have heard wrong...do a quick google search for tequlia factories in the yucutan and see what comes up.

i would personally recomend a trip to xceret see link on the home page of this site.... looks fab and the night show seems like a not miss (unfortunately ive missed it each time ive been. but it is on my top 10 list of things to do there) also coba. it has the tallest ruins in teh area. and i belive you can still climb it? i could be way off. you can not climb the pyramid at chichen itza anymore.

hope this helps?

although i think you should keep a couple of days for r&r. enjoy the sun and sand and relax while youre there. dont run around every day!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there,
    The Lobster Dinner Cruise is relaxing and romantic. If you want a little more "action", try the Caribbean Carnaval cruise or the Pirate Ships. In terms of tours, most days are the same, though public venues will be busier on Sundays with local families. No tequila factories here, tequila (as Apple stated) is made in the state of Jalisco on the other side of Mexico. You can go to the restaurant "La Destilleria", they have a HUGE selection of tequilas and offer tastings and information.

You've got a busy agenda there and some good choices. Definitely don't overschedule, you need time to chill and the tours can be tiring. If you are going to Isla Mujeres anyway, you can combine that with snorkel plans. When you get off the ferry there will be lots of guys selling snorkel trips, pick the one that makes you happiest (they're all pretty much the same) and go check out the reef. Isla Mujeres has some great snorkeling! You could also take the golf cart down to Castillo de Garaffon (next to the expensive Garrafon Park). The Castillo de Garrafon is a tiny little place where you can snorkel cheap (last I heard it was 40 pesos to rent equipment but it might have gone up) right off the shore.

Hope that helps, have a great trip!

5. alj4444

alj4444 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did everything you mentioned in the 7 days we were there, except the lobster/dinner cruise, and let me advise you, it was too much. We felt like we never enjoyed the resort. If you're not into relaxing, taking in the beach, and catching some of the wonderful events at the resort, then go ahead and book it all, but if you are, then I'd pick and choose carefully. This is our second time, and we decided this time that we would go there without any plans, and if we feel like doing something, we can book a day and go do it.

6. cancunkrazy

cancunkrazy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i am looking to go isla mujeres,then rent a golf cart,can this be done? If so how much? Thanks.

7. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Come off of the dock, walk out to the street, and you should be able to spot people that will rent golf carts and/or scooters on the street. I remember most of them being on the street on the left when you came off of the dock.

Somebody else may be able to verify though.

8. jayg

jayg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The golf carts were 50USD for all day. You need a drivers license also. I'd suggest you catch an early ferry.

9. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, what they said. :)

There are golf cart rental places all over, we usually use Prisma, $50 for the day, must leave your driver's license with them. They'll give you a map and directions to where you want to go.

10. cancunkrazy

cancunkrazy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the info guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice